Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garbage Disposal - 1hp

Posted by buehl (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 12:17

This is just an FYI...

I know many people here are considering a Garbage Disposal and we recommend you get a 1hp for best results.

I was on Amazon today and noticed the InSinkErator Evolution is on sale today as the "deal of the day".

If you're still purchasing appliances, etc. for your remodel (or need a new GD), check it out. Go to Amazon.com --> Today's Deals (top of page)

It's the "InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1-HP Garbage Disposer"

[Nope, NOT Spam! :-) ]

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garbage Disposal - 1hp

That's a very good price!

o

Ohhhh that is so tempting. We have the 3/4 hp at our prep sink but kept the 1 HP regular insinkerator we had put in at the main sink. It was the only ting we kept from the old kitchen, but maybe it's time now......

o

Well, I went and checked the price because I remembered the 3/4 HP being near $200. There are 3 models I found and the top one is $219 at HD. This is the top of the 1HP models ad the HD price is $339, so while the list price and discount are misleading in terms of what they are actually selling for, it is still a good buy. I expect the new one to show up at my door Wednesday. :)

I thank you (I never check the Today's deals), DH thanks you (he loves the Evolution) and Habitat thanks you for the upcoming donation (bet they don't see many 1 hp disposers).

o

AAGH! I thought I did great using a coupon @ Lowes and getting it for $303 ... it's sitting in my "to be installed" pile of boxes, I may just order this and return the one from Lowes!

Edit: Lowes has a 90 day return, so I ordered it and saved $70. A drop in the bucket for what our "overages" are running on this remodel, but I'll take every bit I can find and THANK YOU for posting this!!!!

This post was edited by marcojohnson on Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 16:47

o

Just wanted to say "HI" to Buehl! I'm not here too much lately and I don't suspect you are either.

Nice running in to you today at the water cooler....

~bee

o

Ditto and same to you Bee.

And thanks again for the post. DH is so excited about getting a new toy.

o

Thank you! Glad to have seen this today here on GW. Just in time as I wanted to finish my plumbing fixture orders this week. I expect the new GD on Weds!

o

Thanks! In for 2! Great to not have to shop for something and to get it at a good price. THANKS!

o

We've had this disposal for a year or 2 and love it :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here