Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kksmama

Hurray for the pros on this board!

kksmama
10 years ago

It has to be difficult for you to give posters the feedback we say we want, but often don't really want to hear. And to answer the questions we haven't thought to ask, the ones we were happily ignorant to but which would have come back to bite down the road. You generously give your time here, and kitchens all over the country (and world) are more functional and beautiful because of it. Thank you very much!

Comments (21)

• doonie
    10 years ago

This forum was such an enormous help to me when we renovated our kitchen. I didn't ask a lot of questions, but I studied this forum intensely and I know I have a superbly functional kitchen because of it! So I'll second Kksmama by saying thank you to all of those who take the time and effort to post! What an awesome resource!

• Mgoblue85
    10 years ago

I concur...and not only for the pros, but for all others who provide additional information and encouragement. It is very much appreciated although not always noted!!!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

I have to agree with all the above. I am truly grateful that I found this forum. The feedback and encouragement from all of you helped to make this project easier to bear.

The pros that give of their time here are an absolute treasure trove of information. Old Ryder was so helpful with my granite issue. Thank you all!

• boone_2009
    10 years ago

Yes, thank you all so much. I do extensive searches online but always come back to this forum because I find the real-world advice given by you - kitchen veterans and tyros alike - immensely practical, honest, generous, understandable, wise and to-the-point.
    Thanks a million!

• CAGiselle
    10 years ago

I don't post often mainly because I know absolutly nothing about anything:) But I've learned so much from reading all the great advice. Thank you all.

• boone_2009
    10 years ago

CAGiselle: Ditto, lol. I feel really stupid sometimes when I post my questions.

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Yes! Unfortunately, I found this site after my cabinets had been ordered (and therefore layout set) and we ended up not changing the footprint, but now wonder if I had submitted layout here if it could have been tweaked some to make it more functional...I'll never know...sigh. But I will definitely know where to go and what to do if we need to remodel future retirement home!

• rkb21
    10 years ago

I totally agree! I love all the great advice and the support everyone has provided. These projects can be so difficult so the support here has been invaluable! I think I would have lost it a few times if it wasn't for this forum.

So, thanks to ALL of you!

• tea4all
    10 years ago

What a great thread you started ksmama! Yes and a million times yes the pros deserve a tremendous thank you!

I have not done my kitchen reno yet but will rely heavily upon you all when the time comes. It has been quite an amazing time reading and learning from the GW posters. You are giving, talented and generous persons. Holly Kay is right--treasure trove for sure!

• CAGiselle
    10 years ago

Joaniepoanie I also found GW after everything was selected and because as mentioned above I know nothing there are so many things I would have done differently. But next spring when we do our MB thanks to everyone at GW I'll be well prepared

• Linda
    10 years ago

I have not quite started yet, but I want to add my thanks and appreciation for the generous, honest, and amazingly helpful advice, suggestions, knowledge, etc. that so many of you kindly share. THANK YOU!!!!!

• heidihausfrau
    10 years ago

I agree with what everyone else has said! I first started reading this forum for info on appliances. Then moved to kitchens. Then had to look up words like plug mold and air switch. This forum really helped me get things set in my mind then helped me stand firm to (most) of my choices.

And most of the time i just read and never posted! When i did have a question, it was answered quickly---even though it was probably asked a thousand times before. (can't quite get the hang of the searching on here or google)

Thanks to all the posters and patient people on here, I have a great kitchen that I love!

Gotta post my reveal one of these days ;)

• frugalnotstingy
    10 years ago

I wanna chime in my thanks too!

I was so happy when I found this forum. I was a long time lurker- just reading & reading - until I finally had the nerve to ask a question. Everybody had been so nice & insightful. People here have been my support group so I don't need to go to therapy! :-)

• debrak2008
    10 years ago

I 2nd that this forum is like a support group. Where else can you go where people will understand the agony of picking a backsplash? or understand why you spend countless hours analyzing if the counter overhang should be 1" or 1.5"? or ever understand what an overhang is?

Thanks to all who participate here.

• blondy6082
    10 years ago

Yes many thanks to everyone on this board for their input, ideas and pictures. I have been a long time lurker also. My kitchen is going in now. Counters will be installed in 2 weeks. My kitchen design came together because of this board.

• mtpam2
    10 years ago

I also wish to express my thanks to all who post and offer advice and suggestions, especially the pros. I have done much searching and reading in the last year and a half, although not much posting. The advice given has taught me so much.

I was not able to take advantage of much that I learned due to several reasons, but I did incorporate those suggestions that I could. And I really appreciate the constant input and feed back given by this forum.

• kellysar
    10 years ago

I also would like to say thanks for all the wonderful help posted on this forum. Have learned so much. Wish I had found the forum before I had made a lot of my decisions, but the advice on the forum has been invaluable in the work on finishing my kitchen.

• GreenHighlighter
    10 years ago

AMEN! I pretty much just search gardenweb when I need to figure something out. I can't wait to one day post my finished kitchen... I've been receiving advice on it for years....

• GreenHighlighter
    10 years ago

AMEN! I pretty much just search gardenweb when I need to figure something out. I can't wait to one day post my finished kitchen... I've been receiving advice on it for years....

• function_first
    10 years ago

Great thread, I'll give a shout out to the pros who post as well as the amazing "amateurs" who offer great advice, too. Buehl absolutely saved my kitchen with her zone layouts she created and posted just because I asked a question late in the game (after the cabinets were ordered that I posted and asked questions here). GW Kitchen forum is an incredibly generous community because there are soooo many like her who give their time and talents to anyone who asks. A grateful receiver here.

• angie_diy
    10 years ago

Amen indeed! I started a thread like this some time ago, and am grateful to see that these pros are still generously giving!

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus