Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Choosing Kitchen Sinks - Which One? Blanco Siligranit or Copper

Posted by TXBluebonnet11 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 15, 13 at 12:04

We are doing a complete remodel and I've narrowed down our sink choices to either Blanco siligranit or copper. I am leaning towards the Blanco Precis (double bowl 1 3/4 split). I think this will be more practical for the main sink than copper and the Cafe Brown color will give a similar look to copper. I am leaning towards the double bowl because I think it will be more practical, although I have seen some compelling arguments for a single bowl.

For the island, I want a small veggie sink. I like the look of copper but I am not sure about mixing this with the siligranit. So I am leaning towards the siligranit here as well. If I go with the siligranit, which model would work best for the secondary sink? I want the sink to be as small as possible but still be functional. It would be great to find one with a colander option, but Blanco's bar sink doesn't seem to offer this accessory. I'm afraid the next size up would be too large. Any suggestions? Or should I go with copper?

Here is a link that might be useful: Blanco Siligranit Precis Sink

This post was edited by TXBluebonnet11 on Mon, Jul 15, 13 at 12:05

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Choosing Kitchen Sinks - Which One? Blanco Siligranit or Copp

I just installed the Blanco Precis Cascade sink in metallic gray as our main sink and I just love it! So different from stainless steel metal in feel, sound and looks. It's a single with a low divide with minimum sink cab of 33" required. Unlike the SS sinks I had for decades, it doesn't show water spots and it looks great with minimal cleaning (just a wipe with wet cloth and a little mild soap.

Just wanted to give you some feed back on the Blanco Silgranit. I'd put it in both sinks. Blanco is constantly developing new sink grids and colanders so a call to their CS might answer your question about the bar sink colander.

o

Thanks for your input, SparklingWater! I've heard good things about the Blanco sinks.

o

Interesting because when we were designing our kitchen I wanted a copper sink, they look so gorgeous. Both the KD and DH said they are high maintenance and asked if I would be ok with the patina it would develop over time, I wasn't sure I was up for it. So I went with the blanco siligranit diamond 1 3/4 and I am very happy with this sink. It looks great and is so functional, I use the smaller side for a drying rack since I handwash alot of dishes, it works perfectly.

o

In our previous home, I had a Blanco Silgranit in brown as my main sink and a small copper prep sink. Any one who saw my kitchen loved the look. The silgranit was amazing and so easy to care for. I polished the copper maybe once every six months.

o

Thanks so much for the feedback, Dermnp.

KitchenRedo08: Did anyone notice that the sinks didn't match?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here