Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sqp1015

XP - Perlick 18-in. Depth Bev Ctr

sqp1015
11 years ago

Have been checking around for ways to squeeze a beverage center into our still-evolving kitchen layout, & came across a (new, I think) group of shallow-depth residential units manufactured by Perlick. I'm posting also on the Appliances board; wondering if anyone has seen, heard of, or used any of these, or anything else made by this co.? Haven't heard of them (just entering the wonderful world of appliance shopping!), & they're not cheap to put it mildly - UC 24"w 18"d bev ctr is $2049 @ AJ Madison - but any thoughts would be welcome.

Here is a link that might be useful: Perlick Shallow Depth Bev Ctr

Comments (6)

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

Personally, I think Perlick is the best bev frig you can get. Prices are high. I suggest you email Scott at Perlick and inquire about a Factory 2nd. That's how I got mine, you will see a great savings. MIne has a little dent on the upper left side. Kind of hard to notice since it is built in!

I put a lot of GWers in touch with him after I found this great information!

Here's a link to the page, they have more than what is listed. But email him, tell him Karen V from PA "sent you". He is great to work with.

Bee

Here is a link that might be useful: Perlick's factory Seconds

• nycbluedevil
    11 years ago

I looked at the Perlick 18" but then realized that the 25"+ depth of most wine fridges is due to the fact that the handle sticks out. If you get a model with a recessed handle, then the fridge is a bit less than 24." Will that difference work for you? If so, I think that your two choices are Miele and U-line, with U-line being half the price of the Miele.

• sqp1015
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Bee, thanks so much for the great info! Hope we can work one into our plan.

Nycbluedevil, at this point it seems like we'd really need something less than 20" deep to have a chance of fitting it in - but plans are not finalized (at all!), so I'll definitely keep your insight in mind - thank you & for the U-line/Miele thoughts also.

• lascatx
    11 years ago

I have Perlick fridge drawers and have to agree with Bee. It was more than we were hoping to spend for a beverage fridge, but we were sold on the quality when looking at them and reading the specs. At the time, there were a couple of others here who had good things to say about them or we wouldn't have gone looking for them. They were known at that time for commercial refrigeration and our appliance folks had never installed them. After we got ours, they replaced other units in a sky box at one of the sports venues here where there was constant use, the unit couldn't keep up and the customer of an expensive job was not happy. The Perlick made them happy.

We are coming up on 6 years wit them. Is that possible? Anyway, still one of the better choices we made. I didn't know they had 18" depth options now, but I'm sure the quality will be the same.

• Rainwood
    11 years ago

We're having a 24" Perlick beverage center put into our new kitchen shortly. I'd never heard of them before looking at the appliance forum but when I saw a nice floor model for $1100 at a warehouse sale, we went for it. If you don't need it right away, you might be able to save some $$ and get a floor model like we did.

• sqp1015
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lascatx and Rainwood, I really appreciate your posting your experiences w/ the Perlick stuff - lascatx, had to laugh at your "Is it possible?" comment; so true! If I had thought 16 yrs. ago when we moved into our house that it would take THIS LONG to get to the kitchen, I would have either run out shrieking or decided that was just not possible - HAH!! Time flies & life happens.

Rainwood, congrats on your impending installation! And thanks for the $-saving advice - may I ask where you purchased?