Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Insert for Custom Kitchen Hood

Posted by katie234 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 27, 14 at 11:45

I am looking for an insert for my Custom Kitchen Hood. I have two in mind. One is ZEPHYR MONSOON I AK9234AS. The other is VENT-A-HOOD MAGIC LUNG BHPSLD. Does anyone have an opinion on these two products or can someone recommend another product? The hood will be on an outside wall and will be vented straight out. Any input would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Insert for Custom Kitchen Hood

I have the vent a hood BH234PSLD and it works fine as far as venting goes. I use it every time I cook. I have an induction cooktop. The only complaint for me is the halogen lights which are SO hot. I was able to find LED replacement lights, so now it's perfect. It's easy to clean too. You can undo clips on the sides, and either wash it in the sink or stick it in the dishwasher.

o

I forgot to mention that you might want to post your question on the appliance forum. The people there might have some opinions to share.

o

Thank you strayer, just posted in appliances.

o

Good point about the light. Does the light come on automatically when you use the fan? Is it very noisy?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here