Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good source for cabinet hardware other than Big Blue/Orange

Posted by thecatzmeow (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 29, 13 at 11:26

Title pretty much says it all. :) I'm looking for a good place to buy cabinet hardware other than the big box stores. I've been there and I'm just kind of ...eh... nothing jumps out at me. Or it seems REALLY expensive.

I'm particularly interested in oil rubbed bronze or black, kinda liking the cup pulls for the drawers. But the ones at big box were $15.99 a piece! Maybe that's normal?

Anyway, if there's an online store you've used and were super happy with, please share! Thank you in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good source for cabinet hardware other than Big Blue/Orange

Where do you live? Someone may have a local store reference. For instance, if you're anywhere in the San Diego area, San Diego Hardware has a *huge* selection/display of hardware.

...1,000 door locks, 3,000 hinges and 7,000 knobs and pulls...

I find being able to actually touch and see potential hardware choices to be invaluable. (I admit it! I'm a hardware groper.) I'm sure stores like this exist in other parts of the country.

Here is a link that might be useful: San Diego Hardware showroom pg.

o

Thanks, suzannesl ... I'm going to check that place out!

o

You can order on line at www.richelieuhardware.com They have a lot of different knobs and many more items. The shipping is relatively inexpensive. I think they are quite a bit cheaper than HD or Lowes.

o

Thanks! Suzanne, I sure wish I was in San Diego now! I'm in Virginia, a good 90+ minutes from anything even close - and it's a Ferguson showroom. We've got the big box guys, Ace Hardware, and a handful of kitchen/bath design places that have limited showrooms (but seemingly unlimited catalogs.) My local Ace has only one type of offset hinge, available in three colors. The in-person viewing selection around here is baddddd. :(

Ro, I will check that out, thanks!

o

I just ordered some Amerock samples from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I was really surprised to see that I could order some hardware through them. Shipping is free, they provide free return shipping labels, and they take returns at their stores, too. The dollars that I've spent on samples has really begun to add up, so it's nice to finally order some from a place that will let me return them without a hassle or cost.

o

We were really happy with hardwarehut.com for our cabinet pulls. I had already decided what I wanted and they had the best price.

o

I found a good selection at Overstock.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here