Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Suggestions for b-splash to go with Kashmir White counters?

Posted by Madeline616 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 31, 13 at 11:24

Hello,

We finished my parents cottage kitchen about 6 months ago, and have been procrastinating on the b-splash.

It's a sunny, white kitchen, with Kashmir white counters that have a lot of cool, light greys and also a bit of warmer cream and tan.

The walls are a very, very soft green--almost a tinted white.

My mom doesn't care for rectangular, subway type tile. We'd like something pretty clean and simple, so porcelain or ceramic is fine, although natural stone would be an option.

Wondering if anyone has suggestions, or if you can post pics of your Kashmir white counters with b-splash.

Any help would be appreciated--I just don't know which direction to go here!

Thanks

Madeline :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Suggestions for b-splash to go with Kashmir White counters?

Don't know if a smaller format tile would meet your criteria, but I love the gray penny tile that the Young House Love bloggers used in their kitchen (see link below), and think it might look nice with Kashmir white.

Here is a link that might be useful: gray penny tile

o

I have subway tiles, but I know it's not a look everyone wants or needs. I still like 4" square tiles set on a diagonal, with or without a contrasting edge or liner. It's simple and unpretentious and has a cozy vibe.

o

We have Kashmir gold and went with a travertine in a mini-Versailles pattern. We added in the blue glass squares.
 photo DSC01163.jpg

I also like linelle's idea of 4" white or off-white squares set on a diagonal.

o

i used that same tile on patio counters. Always makes me happy.

o

Thanks for these great ideas, and Suzannesl, thanks for posting your pic. Your b-splash is beautiful.

Madeline :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here