Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bay window breakfast nook, trying to take out table

Posted by michele325 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 14, 10 at 11:04

Our eat in section of our kitchen (bay window area) is really small. As a family of 5 we struggled to get a table in there. We just built a sunroom and moved the table out there. Now I am struggling with what to do with this area. I am going back and forth with several ideas.
1. put in a small pub table with a few bar stools.
2. Some sort of prefab kitchen island with bar stools (we already have a small island 24x36, do we need to remove it then?)
3. Trying to expand our current island to have bar stools.

A big issue is between the kitchen island and the breakfast nook area, it is a walk through from our garage door/half bath and the family room. I'll try to add a picture. Thanks so much!

breakfast nook

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bay window breakfast nook, trying to take out table

A "cooks chair", upholstered, with some plants, perhaps a small bookcase. lamp and a martini table.

o

Fill it with a window seat, storage below. Be sure to get comfy cushions. Look at Igloochic's chicken kitchen in one of the threads or on Finished Kitchen Blog for an idea. She even put doggie niche into the lower area.

o

Great ideas. At first I was thinking, no, I can't do a bench because I really need some seating for the kids to eat breakfast, etc, and I do not want a table by the bench. But then I looked at Igloochic's kitchen and it is great! I am going to measure and see if I can make a bigger island (maybe just a bigger countertop with overhang) and put in a bench or chair.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here