Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brightm

ABB question

brightm
9 years ago

I'm planning to be ABB for a while. Our cabinets are due Wednesday and I'm finding things to worry about in the meantime. ;)

We THINK we know the tile we want for our backsplash, but we're not positive enough to pull the trigger until we see the cabinets and granite together. As much as I want everything done NOW, I've seen things on GW that make me think sitting tight on this for a while will be a good idea. (Delaying the cost will be an added bonus.) The tile has about a 4-6 week lead time.

We'll have a 30" Bluestar RNB with island trim against an interior wall. My understanding is that it needs to have something behind it, code wise. Tile is fine. But it won't have tile for a few months.

What do ABB folks do?

Note: I have no idea what has to be inspected and what doesn't and when it happens. We currently have an electric range in a different location. We have gas coming into the kitchen on the wall where the range will go. The gas was brought in for a gas dryer. The dryer will now be electric, so I assume they'll 'turn' that gas line the other direction and run it to the range.

Comments (10)