Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Viking D3 counter depth frig - not flush with cabinets??

Posted by Ellen1234 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 17, 13 at 10:58

Hi,

I just had a Viking D3 counter depth frig installed yesterday. The cabinetmaker had made the frig panel 24" deep per the Viking specs. I had also called Viking about where to place the outlet so the frig would be as far back as possible. They told me 7" from the floor which is what the contractor did.

Well, turns out the frig still sticks out a bit so you see the grey side. The contractor said there is no void in the back of the frig at all where the plug would recess into.

Anyone else have this issue and what did you do to solve it?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Viking D3 counter depth frig - not flush with cabinets??

I have a similar Viking Pro with a 24" deep cabinet. We used a "recessed outlet" to keep the plug flush into the back wall. If you have a water line, you will need to also take care with that as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Example, Available from Many Vendors

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here