Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rustoleum Kitchen Cabinet Paint + Ikea Adel Cabinet

Posted by afbq (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 10:35

Hi-

Has anyone painted kitchen cabinets with the Rustoleum paint? I've seen the professional paint jobs all over the place but was wondering about this product.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rustoleum Kitchen Cabinet Paint + Ikea Adel Cabinet

Are you talking about Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations? I know someone who recently used it on some older golden oak cabs. They went very dark, nearly black, which I didn't care for in the first place. However, the cabs felt rough, gritty, like they hadn't been properly prepped or sanded. These are experienced DIYers, so it's not like they didn't know what they were doing. They said it took FIVE coats! Ugh. It wasn't a great look or feel.

This post was edited by linelle on Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 11:35

o

I tried the black on an oak bathroom vanity, and it didn't adhere properly despite following directions with the deglossing first step. Kind of slid off and peeled. It's a lot easier to use gel stain.

o

Yes, that's te product I had in mind. It's not sounding like its going to work or look good. Boo.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here