Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kohler Purist - Question about side spray

Posted by therington (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 10:08

Hi There - I recently installed a Kohler Purist bridge faucet with a side spray. The first side sprayer didn't work at all, so the plumber ordered a new one which was installed two days ago. Now I have a question about how the two buttons on the side spray should function. If I push the bottom button, I get a spray which seems correct. However, in order to get a "stream," I have to press both buttons at the same time and hold them both down. Is this right? I find it awkward and difficult to hold two buttons at the same time. It seems like I should be able to press the bottom button for spray and the top button for stream. (Not BOTH at the same time.) If anyone out there has this same faucet, could you please tell me how yours works? Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kohler Purist - Question about side spray

therington:

Whenever a faucet or sprayer is installed, the lines need to be bled before the aerator is installed. Turning shutoff valves on and off can knock crud into the line. If you plumber didn't do this, this could be your problem.

o
RE: Kohler Purist - Question about side spray

Hi Trebruchet - thanks for the advice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here