Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
judirae_gw

Favorite Benjamin Moore warm white color for cabinetry

judirae
14 years ago

I am trying to decide what BM warm white color to select for my kitchen Cabinetry. I know that you have to see the color in the kitchen, but could you please share what color has worked for you, or what your favorites have been? Thank you for your help!

Comments (28)

• cawfeegirl
    14 years ago

I like BM Linen White. It's a creamy off-white...I have it on my built-ins/cabinets in my family room and all the trim in my house.

• prill
    14 years ago

I have Linen White on all the woodwork in my house, but I'm thinking of using White Dove for my cabinets. Not as yellow but still a nice white -not as yellow.

• megpie77
    14 years ago

Hi there here is a link that might help.
    http://troveinteriors.blogspot.com/2009/05/paint-colors-white.html
    I just can't figure out how to put the image directly into the message area.

This was the hardest decision yet! I became like family at the paint store. In the end I went with moonlight white...not stark white but not a dark cream. I believe it is considered a neutral creamy white. I figured this way I could change the color on my walls and not have to worry about the undertone in the white matching with whatever color. I went with soapstone and was worried that anything any creamier would look dingy with the black in the stone. Linen white is another popular one, as mentioned above, and was one of my choices. So was mayonnaise, but I was told that the yellow that is added to it is more of a highlighter marker yellow as opposed to a dijon mustard. It definately had a brightness to it when i painted a swatch on my wall. These are just some things I concidered so I hope this helps a little. You could also google something like "best benjamine moore warm whites". Good luck! I would be interested in what you go with.

• ebse
    14 years ago

BM simply white is gorgeous.

• farmhousebound
    14 years ago

I am in the process of painting my cabinets - went with BM Mayonaise. We're also using it on all the trim throughout the house and I love it.

• reshal
    14 years ago

After testing out BM Simply White, the BM Satin Impervo stock white and BM White Dove, I chose White Dove for all my cabinets and millwork. It was the least yellow in my lighting without being too stark. I love it. When the sun is in my house it is a nice and clean white without being too white and stark. In the evening the color is a soft white without looking dingy. Between the three I tested, White Dove was the middle of the road...not too white and not too yellow.

• becktheeng
    14 years ago

I love my BM simply white cabinets. Lesmis recommended the color and I like it a lot, it works with warm toned walls and cool toned too. I wouldn't call it creamy though.

• peytonroad
    14 years ago

I used BM Satin Impervo -- Ancient Ivory. This is my laundry room and the wall color is Fennel Seed. Here are pictures.
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• prill
    14 years ago

That ancient ivory is pretty - does it ever look yellowish?

• caview
    14 years ago

We have BM Mayonaise and I LOVE it!!

Peytonroad, I'm in love with your laundry room -- thank you so much for the pictures!

Tanya

• paintpanther
    14 years ago

another vote for mayonaise!!

• caview
    14 years ago

We have BM Mayonaise and I LOVE it!!

Peytonroad, I'm in love with your laundry room -- thank you so much for the pictures!

Tanya

• cawfeegirl
    14 years ago

peytonroad, NICE laundry room! I love the Fennel Seed!

• rnest44
    14 years ago

White Dove and Cloud Nine...it really depends on your house and the lighting you have a different times of the day. I am using Cloud Nine not to be confused with White Cloud.

• peytonroad
    14 years ago

Thanks all of the above! I actually find the AI to be at times "too white". The crown molding trim in the above picture is Acadia white, it is a GREAT creamy white, have you looked at it?

• yesdear
    14 years ago

We used BM Lemon Chiffon for the cabs and moldings. Warm white, just perfect for us. Wall base color is BM Cloud White.

• judeNY_gw
    14 years ago

I'm increasing convinced that even selecting the "right" white can take a lot of samples.

I chose BM Lemon Chiffon on my living room walls because it was the pale yellow that I was looking for. I used White Dove on the ceiling and don't like it at all - it looks too gray to me. I used BM Mountain Peak white on the ceiling, trim and doors in my dining room and it's the warm white that I was looking for.

I've used BM Superwhite as a pure white.

As an aside, the BM Simply White mentioned above is the color that matches Ikea Aplaad white kitchen cabinets.

• Stacey Collins
    14 years ago

Your Ben Moore store should have a swatch handout called "soft whites".. it has all the colors in one place so you can really see the different hues. (Although I dont see "Simply White" there. Is this a new color? I dont recall it being in my consideration at the last house, and I certainly spent a long time choosing the right whites!) In my old LR I had walls that were Linen White -definitely slightly yellow/cream- and all the house trim was White Dove, which is a very neutral yet nuanced white. I will probably use white dove on my pantry cabinets in the new kitchen.

• lesmis
    14 years ago

I love my simply white, but it's so important to try and get a big enough sample of the wood you plan to use and view it in all kinds of lighting throughout the day in "your" kitchen. What looks good in my neighbors house, looked horrible in mine and we have almost exactly the same light...so whites can be crazy like that!

My BM Simply White cabinets during the day

Good luck, it was probably one of the hardest decisions of the remodel besides my backsplash! ;-)

Kat :)

• gilmoregal
    14 years ago

We used BM Cotton Balls (OC 122) on the cabinetry in my daughter's kitchen. She wanted a nice bright white but with a warm undertone. They turned out beautifully and blend nicely with white appliances.

• PRO
    Snuggle Mug Co
    14 years ago

I agonized over this decision for months. I was driving my husband crazy. In the end I chose BM Ivory white for my cabinets and BM Cloud white for my trim.

• danielle_s
    14 years ago

Oh, what a great help this forum is! I have my cabinets sanded and am agonizing over the perfect BM off white color. We have a cherry wood floor, and plan on painting, tiling etc. everything else new. I am torn between all the suggestions, mayonnaise, linen white, and ivory white. We have a colonial theme but aren't too stuck on it in the kitchen. Any suggestions? Lesmis, I just LOVE your green wall color and lighting pendandts! Can you give the details?

• judydel
    14 years ago

We used BM Cloud White for cabinets and trim. The cabinets came out more creamy than the trim. Not sure why. But I actually like the way the two colors look together. Not so matchy, matchy . . . but not clashy, clashy either.

• msrose
    14 years ago

Does anyone have pictures of BM Mayonnaise?

Laurie

• beekeeperswife
    14 years ago

I used Cloud White. Since I was using an oil based paint, I wanted to make sure whatever I chose, would look okay as it "yellowed". I was choosing between Cloud White and White Down. Both looked great with my granite. So, in the end, Cloud White (not White Cloud) won.

Last night as I was sitting in the kitchen staring at the next part of the project that needed to be completed....I noticed how it was a nice creamy look in the evening light.

Yes, use a spare cabinet door as a sample board, and paint it. BM now can make any color up on the pint size for around $6.

Not that this will really show anyting off to you, but here is my kitchen in progress:
    {{!gwi}}

I think all whites look alike on the computer anyway!

• rnest44
    14 years ago

beekeeper, your kitchen in progress looks wonderful! Love your dog too. Yes, the color name is Cloud White not White Cloud. I don't mean to confuse things further. I also agree with you, on my computer all whites look alike.

Judirae, any updates?

• beekeeperswife
    14 years ago

Speaking of the White Cloud and Cloud White...why would BM do this to the consumer? They really do have both. When I used the wrong name in the store one day (while trying to figure out my wall color) the salesman pulled the "other" one and I said "Oh No...that is NOT it...", lo and behold mine was the other--C.W. Seriously with all the names that they give paint colors, they had to do this?

Thanks for the compliment on the kitchen and the pesky dog.