Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jes28_gw

Good or bad experience w/ Miseno, Danze or Essen kitchen faucets?

JES28
9 years ago

I'm considering the following kitchen faucets and want to know if anyone can tell me if they have any experience with any of them. Curious about:
1) Quality (any plastic parts?),
2) longevity
3) does the hose stretch to the length of the sink?
4) Does it function easily?

Miseno: http://www.faucetdirect.com/miseno-mk500-arliano-commercial-style-pre-rinse-kitchen-faucet-with-soap-dispenser/p2306770?intcmp=recs~item_page.rr1~ClickCP~miseno~misenomk500

Danze: http://www.amazon.com/Danze-D455158SS-Single-Pre-Rinse-Stainless/dp/B003467EU6/ref=pd_rhf_cr_s_cp_5_WHYN?ie=UTF8&refRID=1WNTB3YXZ0ZXWN6T95HM

Essen: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003UT5JRW/ref=dra_a_sm_mr_hn_it_P1400_1000?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag=4a251a2ef9bbf4ccc35f97aba2c9cbda

p.s. Is there a way to attach more than one URL in one post through the "optional Link URL" so it's easier to click on my links? I can't figure it out.
Thanks!

Comments (21)

• joyce_6333
    9 years ago

I've had the Danze model for 4 yrs. It wasn't expensive, so figured if I didn't like it, I wouldn't feel too badly about replacing it right away. Well,I've had it 4 yrs. The spout finish started coming off a few months ago, so I called faucetdirect.com where I purchased it, and they immediately sent out a new head. As for the hose, it's not terribly flexible. It's pretty tight actually. I have an oversize sink, so I have to tug on it pretty good to reach all the corners of the sink. It's easy to switch from stream to spray.

I am considering getting a new kitchen faucet. The original faucet I got for the laundry has such a low gpm rating, it drives me crazy. So I'm thinking of putting the Danze in the laundry, and getting a bigger pre-rinse model for the kitchen. A few months ago I saw the Geyser articulating faucet, and thought I'd replace it with that. Well, wouldn't you know it, they are ALL out of stock. Every site I've checked.

• JES28
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It sounds like Danze has a lot of issues with their finish. Joyce, when it rubbed off, what was underneath? Was it plastic?

Has anyone had experience with the Miseno or Essen?

• millworkman
    9 years ago

jackson, if the finish is "peeling off" it is not a living finish oil rubbed bronze. ORB is bronze, not a finish that can peel off.

• jackson2348
    9 years ago

Millworkman, I know. That was their reasoning when they declined to replace it. Wouldn't take another danze free.

Underneath was some dark metal.

• joyce_6333
    9 years ago

I think the entire head is probably plastic. Small parts may be brass, but it's mostly plastic. As DH always says, "you get what you pay for".

• JES28
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks all, can anyone confirm if the faucet head is in fact plastic? Does it feel like plastic or a heavy brass?
    Thanks!

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

Most faucet heads are plastic due to lead and they get hot when running hot water.

There are a few exceptions - Waterstone has a metal head.
    I was all set to get a grohe and them discovered the plastic head so went with Waterstone.

I love my Waterstone - but wish I bought the extended reach - but it looked so big.

I looked at Danze for bathroom faucets but didn't get around to bathrooms yet

• JES28
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Gemini, I will check out Waterstone. From what I can tell, the Blanco Meridian may be all metal as well:
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Blanco-Meridian-Single-Handle-Pull-Down-Sprayer-Kitchen-Faucet-in-Polished-Chrome-440558/202373712

Here is a link that might be useful: Blanco Meridian

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

JES - cool as I still have our master bath to tackle. Chicago faucet might be all metal but not sure.

Waterstone is not inexpensive but as frugal DM said - you get what you pay for...

• melkel31
    9 years ago

I cannot speak to that exact danze model. However, we just installed ours and had to call customer service at Danze and basically no questions asked they sent us a brand new faucet!!! It was an expensive faucet too! :) So in my book they are the way to go based on customer service alone! ;) I even purchased the faucet on amazon! When i asked the lady at Danze about sending it back to amazon she told me not to worry about it bc it would b a lot of trouble to go through... amazing!! they have a lifetime warranty too! good luck!

• gr8daygw
    9 years ago

Danze is made in China but what isn't? However for what it's worth when I was shopping for faucets one showroom strongly advised me not to buy it even though they sold them.

• JES28
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for all the advice. I ended up ordering the Blanco because the reviews said no plastic parts. I guess I'll see when I get it! :-)

• JES28
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for all the advice. I ended up ordering the Blanco because the reviews said no plastic parts. I guess I'll see when I get it! :-)

• JES28
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ugh, no sooner did I write this, than the Blanco fauce showed up - with it's plastic faucet head! If I'm going to go with plastic (because I don't want to pay double), then I'm going to return it and get the Danze because I like the design and am impressed with the reports of the great customer service.
    Thanks again for the help!

• bridget helm
    9 years ago

We had danze bathroom faucets in our last house and they were gorgeous and stayed very clean and shiny. It was as if they repelled toothpaste splatters. Lol. I never thought a bathroom faucet could be so impressive

• Paula Shavell
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Danze is the way to go for excellent customer service. We did a bath 5 years ago with beautiful, polished chrome fixtures, and just recently had a problem with the coating on the most used sink falling off. Danze sent two new faucets to us immediately with no cost and no hassle. Very impressive!

• Nancy Miller
    6 years ago

I have a miseno faucet and after 2 months the part inside that switches it from stream to spray came out... And I have yet to find the parts to fix it

• SW Sink
    6 years ago

We did a master bath with Danze a number of years ago. All of the finishes have failed and all of the cartridges and parts have corroded. They take WEEKS to deal with warranty. YOU have to mail the parts back at your expense after weeks of waiting for the claim papers. Contrast this to my experience with Moen, Delta and Kohler. Call them, they send the part. Sometimes you get it in a day or two. Most times within a week. And both Delta and Moen sent completely new faucets without any problem at all. Keep all of your receipts. And even if it's been many years, that is the service you will get.

• Elaine Mintz
    5 years ago

I have a Miseno oil rubbed bronze waterfall faucet. The finish started coming off around the edges of the handle, not the faucet. This is an ORB and I read above it is NOT supposed to peel. This looks almost like it is rusting off 1/4 end from the end. No one seems to have any idea why. I am waiting to see if it will be replaced.

• Elaine Mintz
    5 years ago

I have a Miseno oil rubbed bronze waterfall faucet that actually looks like it is oxidizing near the edge of the handle, not the faucet. It is an ORB so is actual bronze. I have no idea what is causing this. It was purchased about two years ago and this has been going on for the past year.