Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best Kitchen Cabinet Store NYC Area?

Posted by bigds01 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 9:47

We are just on the edge of NYC and are looking for recommendations for the best (meaning best priced) kitchen cabinet place in the city. We already have a design as we aren't moving anything, just rip and replace.

Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best Kitchen Cabinet Store NYC Area?

A slightly different question:

What's the best kitchen SHOWROOM with easy access from manhattan?
I need some inspiration.

o

More important, what style are you going for?

o

We are going with traditional cabinets. Same footprint we have now.

o

There has to be somewhere that some one will recommend

o

Bumpidy bump

o

Seriously? Not one store in all of NYC or Westchester that anyone has used? You guys are usually so full of info.

o

Hi, I'm in westchester. You can look at majestic kitchens, bilotta...both in mamoroneck. I used Garth Kitchens.

o

I'm in Westchester but didn't answer your question because you said you were looking for the"best priced" place. We looked at many places in the area (including Majestic, Bilotta, Garth as mentioned above). None of those are best priced. We went with a great place in the Bronx that I have recommended to others, but it is also not best priced. Service is more important than price to me.

You provided no detail about what you are looking for, in terms of cabinet grade or budget. Do you want the cheapest of the cheap or a decent price on a high end line? You were too vague. That is probably why you got no responses.

o

Where in the bronx? We looked at a place in New Rochelle and they were more than a few thousand above what everyone else was charging for the same stuff. I am looking for a decent price on a high end line. The budget for cabinets is 25-30 thousand, I have a great contractor and don't care if it is RTA.

To give you an idea I am putting a Lacanche Sully in the kitchen.

o

The best and largest kitchen showroom I have seen is on Long Island - Lakeville Industries in Lindenhurst. They sell Medallion and plain and fancy as well as other cabinet lines. I found them to be a pain to work with as they design the space by appointment with you sitting there and it takes hours. When we arrived, they had not looked at our blueprint or had any schematics ready to discuss for layout options. I work full time and didn't care for their initial plan. It seemed like appointments were always a 2 week wait so I gave up on them. But if you are looking for inspiration, this is the best showroom. It's huge.

I found cabinet prices in our area to be too high, so I did a lot of research and with a little advice from my Garden Web friends, hit the road to shop in Pennsylvania where I eventually purchased my cabinets, fully customized and about the same price as the Home Depot cabinets I priced.

Since you already know your layout, maybe try to talk to someone at Crown Point Cabinetry. Although they aren't in Ny, they are high end and deliver. If you send them your layout and pick a door style, they can give you a quick estimate within a few days. If you are happy with the price range and move ahead, they will fine tune all the details.

We really can't gauge your cabinetry budget because you didn't provide your layout. It helps to provide the layout so we can see how many cabinets you need to get with the $ budgeted. Lots of factors come into play such as ceiling height, moldings, door style, cabinet construction, glazes, painted vs. stained, drawer cabinetry vs pull outs, appliance panels, etc. it is very difficult to compare prices from different retailers. Be sure you know exactly what's included in your price quote. In our area, retailers seem to expect you to order off a schematic rather than a detailed spec list of what you'll be getting. I found this infuriating.

Good luck!

o

Just to clarify, I didn't get my cabinetry at crown point, but I did work with them to get a quick price estimate and it was clear that they are pros who know what they are doing.

o

I also live in Westchester and am looking for a fairly priced, mid level cabinet store. I have also been to Majestic and Garth Kitchen.

sas95, you speak about a store in the Bronx. Would you share the name and location with us?

o

I don't want to post it, but if you email me through the site I am glad to share.

o

NYArtistic good design and honest. Atmosphere - the woman whose husband owns the place is very creative and has a really, really good eye. Both UWS Columbus Ave.

there's another place on or about 50th between 9th/10th avenue. You have to remember that in NYC, most showrooms have some display items but do not have the space for a whole lot of wares to be shown. I did not like Manhattan kitchen and bath on 20th or around there - very expensive - like 20% more than a lot of places. and the woman with the grey dreds/braids...works the basement floor, was just. plain. rude.

o

I am thinking now about using crownpoint cabinetry in New Hampshire. They do a nice rta product

o

Bigds, I got your email but I can't reply because it says you have chosen not to reveal your email address. You will have to fix that in your profile for me to respond..

o

Paulairis, I also got your email but you also have your email address blocked and you must change that in your profile for me to respond.

o

bigds01 - I emailed you about my designer but didn't hear anything back. Did you receive it?

Anyone who wants info can send me a message through the my profile and I'll send them contact info for the company I used. They carry a variety of cabinet lines at all price points. I'm in mid-Westchester.

o

Does crownpoint cabinetry do an rta product?

o

Bigds01 - RTA means ready to assemble (like ikea). I think you are looking for more of a ready to hang product (as opposed to custom).

o

Crown Point cabinetry does not make assemble yourself (RTA) cabinets. They make lovely custom order cabinets.

o

Try Kingswood in Danbury Connecticut or Crown Point. I have worked with both to get estimates and both were extremely professional and helpful. Crown Point's cabinets are extremely well made with 1" thick doors and their customer service is outstanding.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here