Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bigds01

Best Kitchen Cabinet Store NYC Area?

bigds01
9 years ago

We are just on the edge of NYC and are looking for recommendations for the best (meaning best priced) kitchen cabinet place in the city. We already have a design as we aren't moving anything, just rip and replace.

Any suggestions?

Comments (25)

• KitchenMonkey
    9 years ago

A slightly different question:

What's the best kitchen SHOWROOM with easy access from manhattan?
    I need some inspiration.

• ajc71
    9 years ago

More important, what style are you going for?

• bigds01
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We are going with traditional cabinets. Same footprint we have now.

• bigds01
    Original Author
    9 years ago

There has to be somewhere that some one will recommend

• bigds01
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Bumpidy bump

• bigds01
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Seriously? Not one store in all of NYC or Westchester that anyone has used? You guys are usually so full of info.

• carree
    9 years ago

Hi, I'm in westchester. You can look at majestic kitchens, bilotta...both in mamoroneck. I used Garth Kitchens.

• sas95
    9 years ago

I'm in Westchester but didn't answer your question because you said you were looking for the"best priced" place. We looked at many places in the area (including Majestic, Bilotta, Garth as mentioned above). None of those are best priced. We went with a great place in the Bronx that I have recommended to others, but it is also not best priced. Service is more important than price to me.

You provided no detail about what you are looking for, in terms of cabinet grade or budget. Do you want the cheapest of the cheap or a decent price on a high end line? You were too vague. That is probably why you got no responses.

• dilly_ny
    9 years ago

The best and largest kitchen showroom I have seen is on Long Island - Lakeville Industries in Lindenhurst. They sell Medallion and plain and fancy as well as other cabinet lines. I found them to be a pain to work with as they design the space by appointment with you sitting there and it takes hours. When we arrived, they had not looked at our blueprint or had any schematics ready to discuss for layout options. I work full time and didn't care for their initial plan. It seemed like appointments were always a 2 week wait so I gave up on them. But if you are looking for inspiration, this is the best showroom. It's huge.

I found cabinet prices in our area to be too high, so I did a lot of research and with a little advice from my Garden Web friends, hit the road to shop in Pennsylvania where I eventually purchased my cabinets, fully customized and about the same price as the Home Depot cabinets I priced.

Since you already know your layout, maybe try to talk to someone at Crown Point Cabinetry. Although they aren't in Ny, they are high end and deliver. If you send them your layout and pick a door style, they can give you a quick estimate within a few days. If you are happy with the price range and move ahead, they will fine tune all the details.

We really can't gauge your cabinetry budget because you didn't provide your layout. It helps to provide the layout so we can see how many cabinets you need to get with the $ budgeted. Lots of factors come into play such as ceiling height, moldings, door style, cabinet construction, glazes, painted vs. stained, drawer cabinetry vs pull outs, appliance panels, etc. it is very difficult to compare prices from different retailers. Be sure you know exactly what's included in your price quote. In our area, retailers seem to expect you to order off a schematic rather than a detailed spec list of what you'll be getting. I found this infuriating.

Good luck!

• dilly_ny
    9 years ago

Just to clarify, I didn't get my cabinetry at crown point, but I did work with them to get a quick price estimate and it was clear that they are pros who know what they are doing.

• pnewf
    9 years ago

I also live in Westchester and am looking for a fairly priced, mid level cabinet store. I have also been to Majestic and Garth Kitchen.

sas95, you speak about a store in the Bronx. Would you share the name and location with us?

• sas95
    9 years ago

I don't want to post it, but if you email me through the site I am glad to share.

• homeimprovementmom
    9 years ago

NYArtistic good design and honest. Atmosphere - the woman whose husband owns the place is very creative and has a really, really good eye. Both UWS Columbus Ave.

there's another place on or about 50th between 9th/10th avenue. You have to remember that in NYC, most showrooms have some display items but do not have the space for a whole lot of wares to be shown. I did not like Manhattan kitchen and bath on 20th or around there - very expensive - like 20% more than a lot of places. and the woman with the grey dreds/braids...works the basement floor, was just. plain. rude.

• bigds01
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I am thinking now about using crownpoint cabinetry in New Hampshire. They do a nice rta product

• sas95
    9 years ago

Bigds, I got your email but I can't reply because it says you have chosen not to reveal your email address. You will have to fix that in your profile for me to respond..

• sas95
    9 years ago

Paulairis, I also got your email but you also have your email address blocked and you must change that in your profile for me to respond.

• Kathy Rivera
    9 years ago

bigds01 - I emailed you about my designer but didn't hear anything back. Did you receive it?

Anyone who wants info can send me a message through the my profile and I'll send them contact info for the company I used. They carry a variety of cabinet lines at all price points. I'm in mid-Westchester.

• aries61
    9 years ago

Does crownpoint cabinetry do an rta product?

• dilly_ny
    9 years ago

Bigds01 - RTA means ready to assemble (like ikea). I think you are looking for more of a ready to hang product (as opposed to custom).

• francoise47
    9 years ago

Crown Point cabinetry does not make assemble yourself (RTA) cabinets. They make lovely custom order cabinets.

• dazedandconfused
    9 years ago

Try Kingswood in Danbury Connecticut or Crown Point. I have worked with both to get estimates and both were extremely professional and helpful. Crown Point's cabinets are extremely well made with 1" thick doors and their customer service is outstanding.

• traciel
    8 years ago

@dilly_ny: Where did you purchase your cabinets in PA? And why did you go with that vendor?

• dilly_ny
    8 years ago

Traciel - I was in the processes of looking at cabinets on Long Island and the prices I was quoted, without any bells and whistles, was insane. Also, I wanted a medium toned wood stain that did not have orange undertones. I only saw this stain on very high end lines. Lastly, I wanted an old world look with inset style cabinetry, which was another significant price up charge at most places.

We planned a family trip to Lancaster for a holiday weekend and I Planned to visit Amish cabinet makers. I researched garden web and someone had mentioned Blue Mountain woodwok in Bath, PA. We stopped there and we were impressed with their quality and range of available stains. They offered inset style for a fair upcharge. OVer the next few months, I worked closely with their kitchen designer Patti through blue print changes and my preferences. I was very happy with Blue Mountain. i recommend you check them out if you are in that area or even make a special trip. Good luck.

http://www.bluemtnwood.com/home-1/

• traciel
    8 years ago

Thanks so much.