Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
swhtech

White and Grey kitchen reveal! Finally!

swhtech
10 years ago

I have finally gotten around to taking final pics so I can post a reveal thread! I will give just a little bit of background on our situation. Back in December, 2012 we had a major flood in our kitchen which was caused by the water filter housing in our refrigerator, which failed in the middle of the night. We had extensive damage to our kitchen cabinets, tile floor, wood floors, and our ceilings and walls in our finished basement. After getting our basement rebuilt, ,we set out on designing our new kitchen. Here are a few before pics:

Fortunately for us, we had redone a kitchen in a previous home, so we had experience with the process. We also were referred to an absolutely fantastic GC by our neighbor. It also helped that our insurance adjuster was absolutely fantastic, easy to work with, and responsive. In our previous kitchen, we had used a local custom cabinet maker who we loved, so we used them again. I will try and put together a list of all the details and post it later....now onto the reveal pics!!

Trying to get a good view of the backsplash

Another view of the backsplash

Close up of the backsplash

Trying to capture a good look at the island granite

Here's what we call the "cucumber" on the island

And here's the new wood floor we put in the front hall to replace that awful black tile....all of the hardwood on the first level had to be sanded and refinished, so it was the perfect time to tear out the tile and put in wood....we love it so much better

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous thread with lots of in progress pics

Comments (13)

• swhtech
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Here's the details....at least what I can remember:

Cabinets: Custom cabinets by Mediterranean Custom Cabinets in West Bridgewater, MA. Cabinet boxes are wood, doors are hard maple painted Sherwin Williams "designer white". Full extension drawers, Blum soft close hinges.
    Tile: Emil 12x24 Elegance Grey (if you want more info, let me know and I can look on the box)
    Granite: Waterfall
    Pulls: Brainerd Satin Nickel P62273W-SN-C from Lowes
    Corner Pull-out: Hafele LeMans corner unit
    Appliances: Whirlpool White-Ice...counter depth SxS fridge, Gas stove, microwave. Dishwasher is KitchenAid KUDE48 with a custom panel
    Kitchen Table: Ikea Stornas in Gray-Brown
    Wall color: Benjamin Moore Steel Wool
    Stools - not really sure...wife ordered them from a local store.

This post was edited by swhtech on Wed, Jul 17, 13 at 13:55

• susanlynn2012
    10 years ago

I love the new cabinets so much! I love the new appliances and I usually do not like white appliances but these are updated and modern and go great with your cabinets and have that stainless steel look on the handles that goes so well with your new backsplash. I love your satin nickel pulls from Lowe's that are updated and modern and go so well. I love your counters. Love your new floors both in the kitchen and in the foyer. I also love the new kitchen table. Thank you for sharing.

• Bunny
    10 years ago

Beautiful! I love gray and white kitchens. They are clean and calm without being cold, plus you can add any pops of color. Love that you have your table so close, yet not in the way.

The cuke! Hilarious.

• williamsem
    10 years ago

Love it!

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    10 years ago

That floor is perfect! Love the backsplash tile too! I am going to look for it.

• taggie
    10 years ago

Lovely! The granite is beautiful, and lol on the cuke. Those floors are fabulous, both the wood though the hallway and the gorgeous kitchen tile. Great job, congrats!

• ginny20
    10 years ago

I absolutely love those counters. So smart to keep the BS quiet so it complemented the stone. Really nice job. Congratulations!

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Wow, your new kitchen is lovely. I have always loved and yearned for a white kitchen and yours is just lovely.

I can tell you love your granite! It really is gorgeous. LOL about your cucumber. I find new spots on our granite each day that just mesmerize me.

Your new hardwood is gorgeous too. Don't you just love the feel of a wood floor?

You and your DW did an amazing job planning your perfect kitchen. Best wishes for many happy hours there!

• CEFreeman
    10 years ago

Oh, how beautiful! Lemonade, isn't it?

I am really drawn to the picture over your dining table. Very dramatic and the colors are perfect.
    I also love your granite -- and I'm not a granite lover at all. The cucumber made me laugh out loud! :)

Enjoy this beautiful space.

• bpath
    10 years ago

Beautiful, so serene, and the granite is like an aerial view of earth, very organic! I think white appliances in a white kitchen make for a nice visual flow. Also like the way the floor tiles run perpendicular to the granite, like a firm foundation to last!

What is your kitchen paint color? It's beautiful!

• swhtech
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for all the positive comments....we are so happy with the way the kitchen turned out. I have to give all the credit to my DW, who saw this vision in her head from the beginning....it turned out exactly how she imagined it. It is such a dramatic change from what we previously had. The granite is definitely the show piece....we never intended on having such a dramatic granite, but once we saw it, that was it....we had to have it, and it was at the top of the pricing tier! The paint was another great choice my DW....Benjamin Moore Steel Wool....we love it against the white cabinets....such a great contrast. The tile is a close second behind the granite as our favorite part of the kitchen....we absolutely love it. At first the wife was hesitant to go with 12x24 (she wanted 12x12)....but I really felt like it was the right decision, so she went with it, and she loves it! Laying it in the opposite direction of the cabinets was definitely the right decision....

• rkb21
    10 years ago

What a great transformation! I love how beautiful the white cabinets and white appliances flow together. The foyer floor is really beautiful. I'm so happy for you that after such a disaster, you were able to come out with a great kitchen!

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

It's absolutely beautiful! Love the white appliances.
    About how much space do you have between the island and the cabinets on both sides (sink and fridge wall)? My kitchen is similar and am wondering whether to replace a peninsula with island.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida