Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Symmetry

Posted by sstrazisar (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 20, 13 at 9:41

I'm close to a final layout, and am trying to balance form and function. Here's a pic of the DW, sink, range view. The 2DB will have hanging files and plastic ware. The sink base was flipped so we can store trays in the bottom drawer (we currently have a tip out and find it useless). The 3DB on either side of range are 30" wide, and the upper cabs above them are also 30". Does this look too jumbled...not enough symmetry? If so, how do I fix it and still have the function I desire? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Symmetry

Also, here's a view of the fridge, MW, bar area. I used to have 2 3DB flanking the bev fridge, but when we put in a prep sink we had to swap one out for door/drawer combo. Now one is drawers and one is a door/drawer. (Open cabs and shelf likely glass to work with under cab lighting) I have the same concern re: symmetry! But practically, what are my options?

o

The pictures are upside down. Try re-posting them using the directions in the "Read Me" thread - post them directly in the message; don't user the "Image file to upload" option.

Here is a link that might be useful: New To Kitchens? Posting Pics? Read Me!

o

Funny, they look perfectly ok on my iPad.

o

Can you add some dimensions? How far is it from the fridge to the stove? How much uninterrupted countertop space do you have?

The pics are right-side up when I view them.

o

click on them and they appear right-side up

o

LOL, sorry for the photo confusion! Attached is a ugly layout I drew, please forgive the colors. I have a comfortable amount (to me) of counterspace. The work layout isn't perfect...in an ideal world I could switch fridge & pantry/MW (I can't). That's a big reason why I added the prep sink, based on comments from helpful folks on GW & Houzz. Thank you all!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here