Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shareher

Finished kitchen soapstone and quartzite

Shareher
11 years ago

We are finally mostly done. Thanks to everyone for their input, particularly for the layout and countertop selection.

I'm going to post a few pictures sequentially because this seems to be the easiest way.

Perimeter counters are soapstone.

Island counter is white quartzite.

Island paint is SW porpoise.

Cabinet paint is BM revere pewter.

Range is Bluestar (love it!)

Kitchenaid dishwasher and fridge.

So nice to have a kitchen again!

Comments (89)

• modern_mom35
    11 years ago

gorgeous!! spectacular job. I love the beverage center idea under the stairs! what a great use of space!

• sjerin
    11 years ago

You have a beautiful kitchen, Shareher! Do you mind telling me what kind of lights you have? Also, how high is your ceiling?

• momfromthenorth
    11 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous!

Can you possibly share any info about your runner? It's beautiful!

• Shareher
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks again for all the compliments. The light fixtures are from rejuvenation with the schoolhouse shades.

I'm afraid I don't have any useful info on the runner. I bought it years ago from a turkish rug salesman at a friends house. It was in our front hll at our ooh house, but I think it has a new home in the kitchen. Im glad it's not tilting in the attic anymore. No other spot for it in this house.

• Ilene Perl
    11 years ago

a beautiful kitchen!

• hsw_sc
    11 years ago

Love this! I love all of your nifty storage spaces and love the bar.

• Shareher
    Original Author
    11 years ago

nan53--here is a picture of the bookshelf, as promised. Please excuse the lack of landscaping in our back yard. Still a work in progress.

• Shareher
    Original Author
    11 years ago

And here is a picture of the pullouts on either side of the range. The first has taller shelves for oil and vinegar.

• Shareher
    Original Author
    11 years ago

And a pullout with three shelves on the other side for spices.

• Shareher
    Original Author
    11 years ago

this pic shows the veining in the soapstone.

Also--ceilings are 8/2 feet.

Counter run is 19 feet.

I think I am caught up with questions now. Heading out to pick up a snorkeling mask for my son. Leaving for vacation on thursday! :)

• AboutToGetDusty
    11 years ago

Stunning! Those spice racks rock. And love that tile behind the range - what is it?
    Happy cooking :-)

• Mimou-GW
    11 years ago

Thank-you Shareher! Hope you don't mind if your kitchen goes in my inspiration file!

• Rob F.
    11 years ago

Really nice kitchen. You have nice taste.

• MIssyV
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! I love soapstone with quartzite! So timeless, you will love that forever! Enjoy!

• williamsem
    11 years ago

It's fantastic! I love the shelf behind the stove. Is that pennyround? Very nice.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

It looks beautiful! Especially love your quartzite and your bar area!

• onlygirlsmom
    11 years ago

absolutely stunning!

• nini804
    11 years ago

Really, really, really gorgeous! You must be thrilled...such lovely colors and those details are exquisite!

• dominos
    11 years ago

Wonderful work. Thank you for sharing!

• donnaw
    11 years ago

Your kitchen is gorgeous! I love the little range side cabinets for spices.

• peonybush
    11 years ago

Beautifully done! Love it all. Great color choices too.

• Susied3
    11 years ago

Absolutely beautiful!
    Now another cream color to run and sample. It looks fantastic in your kitchen.

Love the spice pullouts and shelves, very convenient. And the soapstone, I didn't know Walker Zanger carried it!

Congratulations! Enjoy!

• heathero_gold
    11 years ago

Love the island in particular!

How are you liking the sliding window above your sink?

• clarygrace
    11 years ago

Very beautiful kitchen and such attention to detail! really like the backsplash area and spice cabinet tucked near the range! The whole wall and bank of windows/glass cabinets is soo lovely! Enjoy for many years to come!

• Shareher
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Some of you have asked about the backsplash. It is Walker Zanger 6th Avenue in white gloss 3x6 with penny rounds behind the range.

Heathero- the sliding window is ok. It's too hot now to have it open. It's one of the items that we recycled from the old kitchen because it was relatively new. It's easy to open, but I sometimes need my husband's help to close and lock it. Right now it faces a fence so I need to add some hanging baskets or landscaping. The back yard is my next project.

• francoise47
    11 years ago

Dear Shareher,

Thanks so much for posting pictures of your gorgeous new kitchen.
    I can't decide what I like best -- the gorgeous quartzite top on your island, the soapstone counters, the warm and beautiful blend of greige painted cabinets, or the pleasing symmetry of your breakfast bay area. Most of all, I love how warm and calm your lovely kitchen feels. Congratulations on creating such a beautiful space.

• Lake_Girl
    11 years ago

Wow! How beautiful is your kitchen!! I think that runner works great and gives the space a pop of color. Everything works so well together.

• kimiko232
    11 years ago

CEFreeman: Revere pewter has green in the formula. In my home, it has a definite green tint. :)

Beautiful kitchen! Love the rug too!

Congrats!
    Kim

• home4all6
    11 years ago

Shareher, I love the way your kitchen looks and feels! It's very much waht I am hoping to achieve! I was truck by your little under-stairs bar area, as we have a very similar spot, and I think this would be the perfect use for that space. Can you tell me any more about it, with general dimensions, maybe another photo or 2, head-on? I know you are leaving for a trip, so no hurry :)

Thanks so much, and congrats on a beautiful new space!!

• tea4all
    11 years ago

Congratulations on a really lovely kitchen! Everything is so spacious and appealing. Your organizational storage pullouts are great. I like your little spice cabinets on either side of the range and have tucked that idea away for my reno plan. Those would be so handy.

Enjoy!!

• cam349
    11 years ago

LOVE IT! The details are wonderful and seem well thought out.

• Shareher
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi home4all6,

Thanks! Sorry for the delay--we are just back from vacation. Here are some pictures of the bar and how it integrates.

• Shareher
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This photo shows how it connects between the living room and kitchen.

• Shareher
    Original Author
    11 years ago

And a view from the front hall. The bar is about 4 1/2 feet across.

• Shareher
    Original Author
    11 years ago

oops. Here is the photo.

• library_girl
    11 years ago

What a lovely kitchen - congratulations!! Love the soapstone, painted cabinets, color choices, lighting, but especially the spice cabinets and the niche over the range. And the pulls you used on your upper cabinets - I which I had thought of that before installing knobs. Must be fun to spend time in your new kitchen!

• cakelly1226
    11 years ago

What a gorgeous space- I love it all but those pullouts next to the stove have to be my favorite:)

• home4all6
    11 years ago

awesome, awesome, awesome! I just love it--thanks so much for more pictures!! I'm linking to it in my thread right now :)

Here is a link that might be useful: my layout

• Locrian
    11 years ago

Hi S-her. Your kitchen is lovely! I particularly like the "refreshment" built-in; wonderful way to keep munchie prowlers out of the kitchen overnight.

The spice cabinets gave me an idea (soap & towel cubbies beside the sink *grin*). I'm going to share these pics with our GC, who started out as a finish carpenter. He'll understand your pics better than my explanation LOL

Thank you for posting. Congratulations!

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

I'm glad to see this thread back around again. Such a perfect kitchen. OTK, move over!

Thanks for the color clarifications, all. I'm saving this thread, because I stupidly lost it the first time.

I hope you didn't paint the stools. On my monitor they look perfect!

• go_figure01
    11 years ago

Shareher, your kitchen and your home is gorgeous!! Love all the finishes. You must be delighted !! I keep revisiting each picture!

Thank you for sharing. I will ck in w/you about how you like your Blue Star range, as I am also considering it.

Best to you and congrats!!

• go_figure01
    11 years ago

Shareher,I fogot to ask what are your room dimensions? I love that you have everything aligned against the one wall. I am trying to figure out if I have that kind of space. Also, what is the size of your island?

• Shareher
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Go_figure01: thanks so much. The room is 13x28. The island is 3.5x9. I like having the work zone protected by the island. I can prep, cook, and clean up without my kids or guests underfoot. The other side of the island is where guest congregate, and it is also the main walkway from the back door to the rest of the house. So far, it is working great. I also am very happy with the bluestar range. The powerful burners boil water very quickly and the low simmer burner is great for rice. I've also been impressed with how even the heat is over a large pan. I think it does a wonderful job of evenly browning meat. The broiler is also great. No complaints.

• cardamon
    11 years ago

Shareher, I was in the mountains with no Internet and I missed your kitchen. So glad I didn't miss it now. It is really pretty and I love your colors too. What a beautiful kitchen you have created.

• bellsmom
    11 years ago

This is a delight for my eyes and mind. I love the proportions and colors, the details and hidden goodies. What a pleasure it must be for you to work here, stopping occasionally to stroke a surface or smile at an afterthought that has proven itself worthy.

Your kitchen is beautiful visually and functionally. Really a pleasure to look at and think about.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Sandra

• kellienoelle
    11 years ago

I am glad somebody bumped this because I wasn't hanging around here much during the initial post. Absolutely beautiful, and looks like it fits into the house perfectly. I love the details such as the valance over the window mimicking the hood, the way the beverage area fits into the little nook under the stairs. It manages to look fresh and new but like it always existed, roomy but cozy, at the same time (if that makes any sense).

I also love the house and would love to see more. I love that ceiling in the entry with the doors curved to match.

• ejbrymom
    11 years ago

BEAUTIFUL Kitchen! Your colors flow together seamlessly. The woodwork and cabinetry is so simple yet elegant and classic!
    Love the rug!
    I would love to know what color your kitchen is? And what color your hallway is? I really like the hallway color!
    Also where did your lighting come from?
    Enjoy! And congrats on creating such a beautiful space!

• Shareher
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks ejbrynon. The hallway is Sherwin Williams kilim beige. The kitchen lighting is from rejuvenation and the front hall fixture is from schoolhouse electric. The kitchen walls are BM sea pearl. Kitchen cabinets are BM revere pewter.

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Love LOVE everything, especially the island color and countertop!! Beautiful job.

• sanjuangirl
    11 years ago

So happy this was bumped, I missed it the first time and it's too stunning to be missed. Absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations and may you enjoy it for many years to come!