Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flor de Liz same as Cold Spring granite?

Posted by miruca (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 9, 13 at 9:27

We love the slab/samples of Cold Spring granite that we came across - now that we are at the ordering point we are having a difficult time finding it.

I did find cold spring at a PNW Home Depot (that also had a seperate and distinct White Spring) - but the house being built is in the NorthEast. The east coast Home Depot said "oh we call that white spring on the east coast"... NOT!!

Another place called it Flor De Liz as seen on marbleandgranite.com ; however it is difficult for me to tell from just a picture on the internet.

Does anyone have any information on whether Flor De Liz is the same as Cold Spring?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flor de Liz same as Cold Spring granite?

Call Cold Spring Granite @ 320-685-3621. Ask for "slab sales". Someone there will know.

o

Ok - I'll try it ... I see them on line - i think they are just another granite company though.

o

Cold spring granite company is not the same as cold spring granite from Brazil which is what we are looking for.

Very disappointed to view a slab today of Flor De Diz that we were told was the same as cold spring. Not even close.

Cold spring seems hard to find in the NE - and people seem more than willing to make up explanations that "...here in the NE it's called xxxx".

Looks like we are headed to the Boston granite companies in search of two slabs of Cold Spring. Found one at Vector Stone ... but need two. Ironic that the Home Depot in a small town in Alaska can get it!!!

o

Have you seen Alaskan White? From the photos I have seen online, it appears to be very similar. It is very white with darker brown in it. It might be easier to find in the NE

o

Alaska White it is! We found two slabs with a lot of white - with "vintage" added to the name. It was an instant yes. We did see another Alaska white that was exquisite but did not have enough white.

We found four slabs of cold spring - but it just didn't compare.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here