Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gem_cap

Magic corner cabinets - Right or left opening doors?

Gemcap
9 years ago

I am looking at having Magic corner cabinets for my upper and lower kitchen corners. Upper will most likely be the wired shelf type and the lower one the jelly bean Super Susan.

The layout of the area is attached.

The options are to have the Magic corner cabinet either at the place marked A or B - the doors will open to the right if A and to the left if B. Not sure if it is relevant here, but everyone who will use the kitchen is right handed.

Given the position of the cooking range, could you advise me which would be the best location for the corner cabinets.

Many thanks

Comments (8)

• User
    9 years ago

It cannot be installed adjacent to an appliance, as the extra depth interferes with the correct opening. You may have issues with the A side also. Also, it needs 48" minimum for the insert and no cabinets or appliances next to it that are deeper.

A much better choice here would be a 36" super susan, with the remaining space next to the range given to a tray base.

• ajc71
    9 years ago

I may be wrong, but I believe the lemans would work next to the range in this configuration...if I remember correctly there are three settings that will control how far the tray will pull out, I think that you can stop it 3" off the edge of the cabinet in it's max position

FYI...I assumed when you said jelly bean that you are referring to the lemans

• ajc71
    9 years ago

Page 8 of the attached PDF shows it stopping in two different spots, of course there is no dimension showed there that says how far out it is stopping

Here is a link that might be useful: Lemans

• Gemcap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

live_wire_oak - thank you very much for the feedback and the drawings. I have a few inches of grace space for the the cabinets , so may be able to manage.

ajc71 - The lemans drawings (yes jelly bean aka kidney bean is the Lemans :-) ) are extremely helpful. Off to print them now.
    Many thanks

• jakuvall
    9 years ago

The Lemans has a built in stop block to adjust the swing- it can be placed next to a range. Here is a pic next to a Wolf at 26 1/8" deep, may manage up to MAYBE 26 3/8. Pic shows lemans open but still has a tad more travel available.

The bigger problem is the opening with-showing 20 1/2 less filler minimum of 2.5 gives you an 18" door-
    On frameless that is a 16.5 opening and on framed overlay 15" , 16" with inset...You need a bit more.

I try to stick with the Lemans 50 or 60- the 45 is better than the older small version though. The RAS half moon units work with smaller openings but 15 is still too small to make one of those worth while. So unless you can get clearance for the door opeing use the longer wall.

As to magic corner in the uppers-I wouldn't on a bet.

• Gemcap
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks jakuvall. Your comment reg upper cabinet magic corner piqued my curiosity so I did another GW search Posts about blind corner uppers

and think I've found my solution thanks to willtv's pictures Pictures of a great blind upper

• brightm
    9 years ago

Rather than bring up the thread I found following gemcap's search, I'll just say it here...I was SURE I was the only one who figured out the area of the super susan and subtracted out the slice of the circle etc. (#mathteacher). But nope, there plllog was doing it in the morning no less. :)