Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New kitchen sink stained

Posted by renov8r (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 9:00

My GC came over today to look at a few issues in my brand new kitchen. One of them was a stained porcelain apron sink. After washing our dishes, which had been scraped, a red streak was left on the rear bottom of the sink. I felt like crying. However, he agreed with me that the sink was defective and needed to be replaced.
I am so thankful I have a supportive contractor who looks after all my worries.
Has anyone else on GW bought a farm sink manufactured under the name of DXV by American standard? I can't find any reviews about it on the web

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New kitchen sink stained

It does look uniform, like something went wrong.
Did you use soft scrub or a spray of bleach cleaner to try and remove it though?

o
RE: New kitchen sink stained

Ugh, so sorry you're having stain issues.

DXV is the rebranded name of Porcher. The company was sold to American Standard last year, production was suspended for a time (at least for tubs) and they are back in production under the new name of DXV. I've no idea if there were other changes to the line other than the name but you might have more luck searching for reviews under Porcher.

My tub is a Porcher, the last model and a floor model to boot, that I could find anywhere after the business was sold. At the time, the plumbing rep wasn't sure what models would be available after the dust settled. The tubs have a good rep and I would assume their other products did, too, but I don't know that for sure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here