Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tarhlfan

looking for past post of beautiful kitchen

tarhlfan
14 years ago

hey all=While reading the posts the other night, I ran across a wonderful finished kitchen. The picture was taken from the angle so you could see the island with L-shape of 5 brown leather stools, white or creamy cabinets, loved the mixtures of white, dark floors, countertops, etc. I remember she said the floors were blended to match existing flooring. i have searched FKB, this forum for all types of things, can't find it!! Could kick myself for not marking it! know this a long post, but i'm going nuts looking for it> sound like anyone's kitchen? similiar to redroze's. pls help, tons of folks said it was going to be their inspiration. Me too!!

Comments (9)

• positano
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I think your talking about Jbrodie's kitchen.It is definitely one of my favorites!

Here is a link that might be useful: jbrodie's finished kitchen

• tarhlfan
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks so much!!! That is the one!!! jbrodie if you are around, I love your kitchen!!! marking it now:)

• kelvar
    14 years ago

Love it! How do you "mark" a favorite thread?

Where can I find those pendant lights?

• ebse
    14 years ago

Yes, JBrodie's is one of my favorites!

The pendants are restoration hardware--I copied them in my own kitchen.

• pluckymama
    14 years ago

To mark a favorite thread look over on the right side of the page you will see "clippings." Click on clip this post and you will have it in your folder. To see your clippings, click on your username and it will take you to your member page and click on your clippings.

• debbie_123
    14 years ago

Pluckymama, thanks! Now I can stop using these 3x5 index cards! Hah!

• Buehl
    14 years ago

Actually, clippings do NOT save an entire thread. Only a single post within a thread is saved...the post where you click the "Clip this post" link. Additionally, you may only save a maximum of 50 clippings. Once you reach the limit, you will no longer be able to clip a post or email a post until you delete at least one clipping. A better idea is to either bookmark the thread or save it to your local machine/computer. There are pros & cons to both.

To save an entire thread you need to either bookmark it in your browser or save it to your machine.

If you clip it or bookmark it, if pictures are later moved or deleted from the photo site by the poster, you will also lose the pictures. However, if you save a thread to your machine the pictures are saved with the thread and you will always have them.

If you bookmark a thread, then every time you bring it up it will also bring up any updates to it. However, if you save a thread to your machine, it will only have what saved..no updates. Of course, you can always re-save it and it will get all the updates. Caution: If one or more of the pictures are gone, you don't want to save on top of the old thread b/c it will overwrite it and you will lose the pictures you previously saved...so save it with a new name (maybe a version #).

To bookmark a thread

Firefox:
    1. Click the "Bookmarks" menu item and a menu will appear
    2. Click the "Bookmark This Page" option on the menu. You will be prompted to specify where to put the bookmark. You can create a new folder, save it to an existing folder, or save it in the default location..."Bookmarks Menu". You can update the "Name" if you wish to.

Internet Explorer 7.0 and earlier:
    1. Click the "Favorites" menu item and a menu will appear
    2. Click the "Add to Favorites..." option on the menu. You will be prompted to specify where to put the bookmark. You can create a new folder, save it to an existing folder, or save it in the default location..."Favorites". You can update the "Name" if you wish to.

To save a thread to your machine/computer in html format

Firefox:
    1. Click the "File" menu item and a menu will appear
    2. Click the "Save Page As..." option on the menu. You will be prompted to specify where to put the saved page. This works the same as saving a file in any other product such as Word, Excel, etc.

Internet Explorer 7.0 and earlier:
    1. Click the "File" menu item and a menu will appear
    2. Click the "Save As..." option on the menu. You will be prompted to specify a location to put the saved page. This works the same as saving a file in any other product such as Word, Excel, etc.

To save a thread to your machine/computer in Word or other word processing format

Any browser:
    1. Open up a new, blank document in MS Word or whatever your word processing application is.
    2. Copy (usually [Ctrl-C]) the thread. I usually select & copy everything from the title of the original post to the bottom of the last post...this prevents you from copying the page headers & footers. To select only what you want, click & drag your mouse or click on the beginning, scroll to the end, and do a [shift] + Click. (To select all, use [Ctrl-A])
    3. If you want, you can edit the thread in your word processing application.
    4. Save it as you would any other document.

• kelvar
    14 years ago

Thank you luckymama and pbuehl!

• shelly_k
    14 years ago

OMG! Thanks for looking for her kitchen, because I somehow missed it! Jbrodie's is one of my absolute favorites! Makes me think I want to change from stained to painted creamy white! :)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES