Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jackson2348_gw

Countertop problem and solution

jackson2348
9 years ago

Hi all, I had gorgeous Danby imperial marble installed. We had a major issue when the installer tried to drill the hole for the disposal air switch. The hole would up being diagonal, and the airswitch would not cover the hole. Fabricator sent their best repair guy, and he couldn't get a fix to match after sanding. I don't have a pic of the hole, but it was just over 2" across, and the switch was 1 7/8".

Fabricator was completely willing to replace them, but an exhaustive search of the entire southeastern US and then some led nowhere. We had to have an extra large slab for the island, and everything we found had a pretty big flaw in part of the slab, or didn't have the beautiful copper veins that led me to Danby in the first place.

We took the switch and the escutcheon from my (stainless steel) kohler faucet to a local stainless fabrication shop, and they made a plate for under the airswitch. I've not seen it installed, but builder assures me it looks great. Hopefully it will solve my problem!!

Faucet base:

Airswitch with base:

And a peek at my beautiful counters which remain covered while they finish the rest of the house:

Comments (6)