Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Granite support question

Posted by FamCook (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 3, 14 at 8:17

We had a 9' x 30" desk area installed at desk height. There is a 24" base cabinet slightly off center.

So, there is 32" then the 24" cabinet and then 52" expanse. There are supports all along the back and the sides of the granite. It is 3cm mambaso black granite. Is this okay? It is installed. They said not to stand on it, but it was good.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Granite support question

I should say, there are brackets on the wall. No supports coming out from there.

o

FamCook:

Sorry, but 52" exceeds the MIA standards by 16". See page 3:

Here is a link that might be useful: MIA

o

He's going to add more support along the front, etc.

Thanks

This post was edited by FamCook on Thu, Jul 3, 14 at 9:13

o

Someone suggested honeycomb aluminum for invisible support for our countertop overhang, but I am not finding much info on the product. Any info?

o

I supported an Avonite countertop with honeycombed acrylic years ago, but I can't remember where I got it from. Somewhere on the east coast.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here