Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reorganized Charging Drawer

Posted by dilly_ny (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 16, 13 at 8:14

I love my charging drawer, but it has a tendency to be a tangled mess of wires. Like this:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reorganized Charging Drawer

Thanks to Pinterest, I found this idea to keep cords tidy using binder clips. Luckily, I just happened to have some pretty ones on hand. I also repurposed a mesh wire utensil tray (normally used for flatware) to compartmentalize the devices. I am pleased with the result:

This post was edited by dilly_ny on Tue, Jul 16, 13 at 8:21

o

Great visual! Thanks for sharing.

o

That's so clever! I will definitely use the binder clips idea for my charging drawer. I like the wire basket, too, but since I'm charging my laptop and ipad in the drawer, I don't think I can make use of it. This was very helpful!

o

Maybe you can find some baskets or other drawer organizers you can pass the cords thru. I am going to look for something for my DD iPad. Might need to do a double decker.

o

How does the power cord run out the back? Just drop down to a plug? I have an outlet that got covered up with my cabinets and am hoping to make a charging drawer.

Thanks for sharing! I was worried about how messy mine would get. Now I am going to have to snag a few clips from work as well!

o

Looks great !!!

o

Sltkota - yest, the cord on power strip just run down to an outlet. It's handy.

So far, the drawer is still neat. The real test will be next week when the kids are home.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here