Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
positano_gw

Breezygirl do you have a picture of BM Thunder in your LR?

positano
11 years ago

Hey breezy girl,

Any chance you have a picture of your BM Thunder in your living room?

I am considering it for my stairway and upstairs hall.

Do you see any purple,pink or lilac in it? definitely don't want to go that route.

I would love to see the nimbus too!

I tried to search for pictures, but couldn't find it.

Thanks!!

Comments (14)

• loves2cook4six
    11 years ago

Did you know you can search at houzz.com by paint color and manufacturer?

Love it!

Here is a link that might be useful: [Pictures of BM Thunder[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/benjamin-moore-thunder-phbr0lbl-bl~l_1909)

• dfpotterri
    11 years ago

I have it in my family room. The room is naturally dark so I don't know if I can get a good picture, but I will try. I will have to wait until afternoon because that's when the light comes in.

There is no purple in the color at all. My house turns things very purple for some reason and I already had a fiasco where I had to repaint half the house because BM Pale Oak looked lavender. It looked like a funeral home.

It's a gorgeous color.

• suzanne_sl
    11 years ago

I had no idea you could search Houzz for a particular paint color! Thanks, loves2cook4six.

• hags00
    11 years ago

I am not Breezygirl but this is BM Thunder in my LR and Hall. I do not like grays that go mauve on me and this one never does. I think it looks darker in person than it does in the photos.

From June 8, 2012
    From June 8, 2012
    From June 8, 2012

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Hi Positano. Sorry I couldn't get to this earlier. I saw your post right before I rushed out the door to lead our July 4 parade.

I've never posted pics of my rooms with Thunder or Nimbus, although you might be able to see them in the background of a couple of my kitchen shots. I didn't specifically take pics of those rooms after we moved in because they were a mess with all our moving boxes, etc as we did some minor finishing on other areas of the house to enable us to unpack said boxes. Plus, DH needed to finish painting them.

I accidentally dropped my camera in the lake the evening after my dad's memorial service several weeks ago so I can't take new photos for you right now. Let me try to find the computer cord for DH's little-used camera in the next day or so.

Thunder does not tend to any purple or pink undertones in my LR. Nimbus, in my FR bordering kitchen, seemed to at first before we moved in, but either the furniture fixed that or I got used to it. I don't see any lavender now. I really like both colors, but Thunder can make my heart skip a beat sometimes. Love it!

I'll see what I can do for you!

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

This won't help much. You can see Thunder in the distance here. Looks like a blah color in this shot. IRL it looks much more like Hags lovely room only slightly darker.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Here's Nimbus in my FR. Excuse the horrendous mess. We had only been back in the house for a few days in November. Due to a moving fiasco, we had no help and every box for every room in the house was dumped haphazardly in the LR. This was me trying to sort the mess and figure out which box went where as I looked for plates and silverware. Nightmare.

Again, I'll try to get some better shots for you soon.

• positano
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you ladies! I do love the color.Hags00 it looks beautiful in your home.

Breezygirl, so sorry about your father. Must be such a tough time your going thru. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. Hope you had a great 4th!

• positano
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you ladies! I do love the color.Hags00 it looks beautiful in your home.

Breezygirl, so sorry about your father. Must be such a tough time your going thru. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. Hope you had a great 4th!

• dfpotterri
    11 years ago

Finally got some pictures. Sorry for the mess, we are still figuring out where everything is going to go. I am not gifted with this process so it takes some time.

Here are 3 pictures. All BM Thunder, but in different lights.

• positano
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you,so pretty! I appreciate you posting them.

• hags00
    11 years ago

I forgot to mention, Thunder is an Aura color. I do not like to paint with BM Aura paint. I had it mixed in BM Regal Interior and it came out a perfect match.

Just this week I had it color matched in Behr for my new house (kitchen this time!). The first HD mixed me two gallons and it was way too blue. Second HD mixed me two gallons and they are a perfect match.

I love the color and am taking it with me!!

• Mugsy42
    11 years ago

I had never really looked at this color before. It is quite lovely.

I might just steal this for my laundry room. It needs a warm grey color.

Good luck with everything.

• alwaysadaylate
    10 years ago

Breezygirl what color is on the wall by the door? I looks great with your simply white trim - which is my trim color.
    Besides BM thunder and the color by the doorway would you mind sharing some other colors you chose that look good with the simply white trim?
    Thanks!!!