Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gmailgirl

Soap Dispenser recommendations please

gmailgirl
15 years ago

I was browsing this forum to find a good dish soap dispenser recommendations and the only information I came across so far was that many of them start clogging/sticking/leaking.

Does anybody have a dispenser he/she is happy and may recommend after a long time of using?

Thanks!

Comments (9)

• pigeen
    15 years ago

I also have a Grohe and it worked fine for about 3 years -- right now I'm trying to get it working again.

They do look nice, but now I'm thinking we'd have been better off without it.

• ggkell
    15 years ago

Don't put one in. I have hade one in my kitchen for the past 13 years and I rarely use it. It get all grimey and just not worth the cost.

• joann301
    15 years ago

2 years ago we remodeled our kitchen and put in a built-in dispenser, what a waste of $. They are hard to fill/clean, and are generally a PITA. Our first one leaked(Grohe), so then DH had to crawl under the sink to get that one out and put #2 in, which doesn't leak, but is still not worth the inconvenience. Sometimes simple is better.

• cal_dreamer
    15 years ago

I love having a soap dispenser! I have had no problems with mine (Blanco Alta), just wish I had bought one with a shorter nozzle since I tend to press on the nozzle instead of the top.

No leaks, no mess, no fuss in the past year, and no soap bottle sitting on the counter :).

• Babka NorCal 9b
    15 years ago

I LOVE our soap dispenser. We use it to wash hands, not dish detergent. Ours is a Rohl, which the local fixture place said is a good one, as they don't get returns on it!!!! Had it for 3 years. No problems.

-Babka

• debbie_2008
    15 years ago

I had to have one, and wish I didn't now. Like I am ever going to get in under the sink and fill that that? Nope. Plus mine just doesn't seem tight.

• Buehl
    15 years ago

Never-MT

Here is a link that might be useful: Never-MT Soap and Lotion Dispenser Conversion Kit

• sue_ct
    15 years ago

OK, first, top fill soap dispensers, no crawling required but still need refilling.

Better option? Agree with buehl, NEVER-MT all the way!

Food for thought: My GD is in the way of using the full depth of my under sink area for a trash pull out, so what I planned and did was buy a double trash pullout anyway, take out the back trash can and put the large soap bottle for the NeverMT there. The NeverMT was long enough to accomdate it. Now when I want access to the never MT and bottle of soap it conveniently pulls out from under the sink behind the front trash can and even changing that will easy as pie. :)

One warning if you decide to try this. Don't just measure how low the garbage disposal will be to see if the pull out will fit under it. I did that and when the electrician added the electrical cord to it, that I hadn't considered, it became a problem. My pullout will not work easily now until I replace the old GD with a slightly shorter one. Oh well, the best laid plans...

The pullout cost almost as much as a new GD and the GD is several years old, so it will be item that gets replaced.

Sue