Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pluckymama_gw

Which faucet did you use with your Franke Orca sink?

pluckymama
15 years ago

I have the sink and now have to pick a faucet. Would love to see pics of faucets with the Franke Orca sink and your review of your faucet and any suggestions you have for picking one with this particular sink.

Comments (16)

• sedeno77
    15 years ago

Brizo Venuto

• pluckymama
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That looks nice. Which finish is it? Also, how happy are you with it's height and spray reach. Thanks.

• sedeno77
    15 years ago

It is the stainless steel soft touch finish. Yes, I am happy with it. It has a pull down spray.

• susanilz5
    15 years ago

This is a Justyna Maestro in Satin Nickel, with a fireclay Franke Orca. I love the faucet, it's very heavy. I'm having problems with the sprayer and Justyna (A Mico Company) is sending me a new one. Very good customer service.

• mominthedubc
    15 years ago

Anymore pictures with your Franke sink? We are purchasing the Franke PRK120, it's a large double bowl. Does anyone have this and if so, what faucet did you get? Thanks.

• giacomo_it
    15 years ago

gessi Quadro Faucet

• boysrus2
    15 years ago

This is a Grohe Ladylux Cafe in stainless steel.

• boysrus2
    15 years ago

Oops. Forgot to give a quick review of the Grohe Ladylux Cafe. It's an easy to maneuver pull-down that goes firmly back in place when finished. The water flow at full tilt is strong and will splash a bit. I use it about medium to low velocity which is plenty of water. The pull-down has a spray feature but it is not an on/off button. It must be depressed continuously for spray. Doesn't bother me though as I only use the spray to clean veggies or wash out the sink. The handle rotates easily front to back for temp control. The stainless steel finish doesn't water spot as badly as the chrome faucets I've had in the past. The faucet height is tall, and I've learned to hold items within the sink when washing. Initially I didn't realize I was holding items above the sink rim, and duhhh, I would get splashes on the counter. Anyhow, I like the faucet and am happy with the purchase.

• mominthedubc
    15 years ago

Thanks, Boysrus2 for the detailed description! We did have the Grohe Ladylux as a finalist but I wasn't aware of having to hold the button in manually to spray. I think I will play with the one we have and see if that would bother me. Thank you and I hope others will be as generous with their time as you and post some of their pics.

• pluckymama
    Original Author
    15 years ago

More faucet pics would be great. Thanks to everyone for sharing.

• sue_ct
    15 years ago

I have the chrome Brizo Floriano with the SS France Orca and like them both. What are you looking for in a faucet? What styles do you like and are there any functions you prefer? The floriano is single handle, hard plastic toggle button allows it to stay in spray mode without holding it, the outside of the spray head is metal not plastic, but the spray head is light, not heavy feeling (I would have liked a more solid feel but can also see myself chipping a glass thing or two if I got a heavy one) and it clicks into place rather than using just a weight. Swings side to side a little more easily than I would like. If you don't mind spending the extra money I also really like the Newport Brass pull down, which has a solid metal spray head and I believe is made in the U.S. Neither of those are very modern looking or industrial looking for instance, if that is what you like, and if you describe what you are looking for you might get more recommendations that are a better fit for you rather than a lot you wouldn't be interested in. Do you want pull down, pull out, separate spray head or not, do you care if it had a separate handle or do you want all one piece, Victorian, traditional, modern? :) There are hundreds of faucets out there. I hate to post a photo although I will if you really need one, because the window behind it isn't finished and doesn't make a very pretty picture, yet. :)

Sue

• franki1962
    15 years ago

We went with the Franke Mythos as it has a pulldown, the handle could be placed in many directions and it had the finsih we wanted (brushed)

Top View

• callieandkarin
    15 years ago

I have the Blanco Purus with my Orca, pics below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blanco Purus

• pluckymama
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm looking for a more traditional looking faucet, not really modern. Debating between the pull-down and a single lever faucet with side spray. Seeing all of these faucets has been helpful in narrowing down the type that would go best in my kitchen. It's looking like I'm going to go with soapstone countertops and the cabinets are creamy white. I also have a Lacanche range, which is French and panels on my other appliances. The heavier feel, that sue talks about would be important to me.

• sue_ct
    15 years ago

The Grohe faucets have plastic on the outside of the spray head, but I don't recall if they felt heavier or not, they might have. I found there were very few that were all or mostly metal, and Newport Brass was one. I would look into the KWC faucets, also. Almost all pull downs and pull outs are at least partially plastic, either inside, outside or both, including many 700-900.00 faucets. That cuases them to feel lighter. It is easier to get all metal construction in a faucet and side spray. If it is the heavy feel you want, but don't care if the outside of the spray head is plastic, you might want to look at a Grohe locally. I just can't remember if they had a heavier feel or not. I had to actually call some of the manufacturers to find out, because many don't specifically say which parts are metal and which are not.

Sue

• reetska
    13 years ago

So happy to find this forum. Am going crazy choosing the right faucet for my orca. Not certain the ladylux will work due to clearance to the backsplash, but I would like to get a grohe with pull down spray and locking toggle so the spray will stay on. Am wondering about the Alira and Ashford line and wondering whether the swing of 140 degrees would be a problem with such a big sink.

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living