Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
julia_s_gw

wall paint with carrara cc and white cabinets

julia_s
12 years ago

hi all,

after much deliberation, we decided on white carrara countertops with white cabinets (ivory by legacy - more white than ivory - shaker style) for our new ktichen/dining room - removed wall between rooms. so i've been searching high and low in the philly area for a white carrara that's not too gray and not outrageously priced. so far, not such great luck. so i may decide on the carrara below...lots of gray but surprisingly i do like the movement..although nervous about how they are going to cut and lay it out. going to one last shop today to see their inventory but have a feeling the below will be our stone. so initially i wanted a warm light gray, like BM annapolis gray, and still might - i want the room to feel elegant so as not to feel too "kitcheny". but concerned that the countertops are too gray to pull off gray walls. the room will have white adjacent cabinetry on two of the walls and windows on the others. we do have two silk roman shades with a pale blue/green/gray background and embroidered flowers with tans and deep blue/greens. but not much color at all. i need to pick a paint color this weekend...which means get samples today!! the living room adjacent is BM natural wicker and the den is BM Dry Sage (which may change) also have upstair BM healing aloe, BM quite moments and BM Gray mirage...so like colors with gray in it! so i'm hoping for some suggestions!! my sister-in-law is suggesting BM AF Jute. huge thanks in advance.

Comments (6)

• remodelfla
    12 years ago

It's the second time today I'm going to mention the paint color BM Nimbus. I saw/read about it on another thread recently. Beautiful color.

• francoise47
    12 years ago

BM Stonington Gray also looks beautiful with Carrara marble. I am using it on the walls of my bathroom, above 54" of white tile on the walls and a honed carrara countertop. It manages to look both warm and cool, depending on the light. With a hint of blue, it gives off a Swedish-style vibe and looks sophisticated enough for a living space as well as the bathroom. I also have it in my entry hall. That said, there are so many beautiful BM grays! Best wishes for your kitchen -- sounds lovely.

• julia_s
    Original Author
    12 years ago

hi all thanks for your suggestions. and sorry for not uploading photo - new to site - having trouble. any other suggestions that are not gray, but would complement the gray in the carrara?
    i will definitely check out those two BM colors but hoping for a few more non-grays options before getting samples today.
    thanks!

also polished nickel vs satin nickel hardware? advice? i thought i would hate polished and love satin...at least in the store i did. but now against the white cabinets which seems bright with nothing else in the kitchen, the satin feels flat. oh and the carrara is honed....and i haven't decided on a backsplash either so suggestions there are very welcome as well...love marble mosiacs but also need to be cost-senstive. debating about white ceramic subway but feel i need a bit more depth. thanks!

• francoise47
    12 years ago

BM Balboa Mist is another gorgeous neutral, half way between gray and beige. A good choice if you like grey but are afraid that the other grays will read too gray.

As for hardware, we chose polished nickel for our white (F & B Wimborne White) cabinets. My friend recently installed white cabinets with satin nickel hardware. Looks great! To me, satin nickel feels more casual and even a bit more modern. My polished nickel (my cabinets are waiting in my living room with their hardware already installed) feels much more traditional/formal.

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

Hi Julia. What color did you end up picking?

My cabs are also white (BM Simply White) with gray Carrara. I'm looking at wall colors for the adjacent dining room and family room which are open and butt against the cabs and marble.

• sweetandrew
    12 years ago

Ours is SW but it's a beautiful blue gray. SW 6246 North Star. Our designer selected it to pair with our creamy white cabinets & Imperial White Danby marble, and I think it looks great and gives the kitchen an elegant feel. It also pairs well with many fabrics -- we're bringing in some yellows, greens, chocolate brown, and aqua and it pairs well with all of those.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths