Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Angie DIY

Posted by localeater (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 14, 13 at 7:12

Saw this picture on Houzz and the backsplash reminded me of your backsplash quest. Even the red accent tiles they used, reminded me of your red square in the center of your stained glass.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Angie DIY

bump

o

Nice! I'd love to see Angie's kitchen in person. She has a lot going on and I think most pictures don't do it justice. Every now and then I'll see one which just amazes me.

Any decisions to stay or leave Angie_DIY? Been thinking about you....

o

Bumpity bump

o

Oh Angie, I hope you are off on vacation somewhere fabulous and not too busy with work and stuff to check in with your GW friends.

o

Hi, all!!

Thanks so much for thinking of me. I have indeed been traveling, albeit for family obligations rather than vacation.

No, I still have not done the backsplash. Tsk-tsk!

I agree that picture on Houzz has a lot of the look I am after. I was surprised and thrilled to see that the designer gave a detailed response to the question posed of what tiles he or she used. Even gave the page numbers in the catalog!

I am confused, though. The catalog shows rather rough-edged tiles, with a handcrafted look. (Or, as Marcolo would say, "with wonky edges.") However, that picture on Houzz does not look like the edges are that wonky. I suppose I should get a price and some samples, huh? (Are WZ tiles automatically expen$ive?)

o

Angie- Here is another source for similar tiles. They sent me samples without delay at no charge. The glazed quarry tiles are not wonky but the handmold and seneca select tiles are rough-edged.

You may want to see if there is a distributor near you so you can check them out before you get samples. Don't rely on the website photos because I found the colors to be different in person. Also, with handmade tile, color variations are to be expected.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seneca Tiles

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here