Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanj

Bar/Prep sink faucet for kitchen sink?

nanj
12 years ago

I searched the forum but didn't see any threads with this topic. Is there any reason not to use a bar/prep sink faucet at the kitchen sink? The plumber recommended the Delta Allora as a replacement faucet but it is so huge - almost 16 inches tall. The bar/prep sink model is 14 1/2 inches which feels more in scale with my sink area. My kitchen is 10 years old and I am only replacing the sink faucet.

Thanks!

Comments (7)

• desertsteph
    12 years ago

can't think of one! I've looked at bar faucets myself. I want one around 9" high. That limits my choices. price limits me even more.

• adel97
    12 years ago

I used a prep sink size Grohe in my kitchen because the regular size just looked, well, HUGE! Like yours, I lost a couple of inches in height by sizing down to the prep sink size, and the scale is perfect for my sink. I did call the company beforehand to confirm that size was the only difference between the two.

Here is a link that might be useful: faucet size thread

• nanj
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you for the info and the link! (I wish the search function on this forum was more sophisticated.)

• sas95
    12 years ago

I have both the regular Delta Allora on our clean-up sink and the bar size on our prep sink. The standard size one is very big-- I was kind of shocked when I first saw it, but it does work with our scale. The bar size one is plenty big. But although the bar size one is probably more appropriate for smaller spaces, keep in mind that while it has a pull-down function, there is no spray option. If that makes a difference to you.

• nanj
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good idea, todds, will remember that next time.

sas95 - thank you for pointing out that the smaller faucet doesn't have a spray option! I do want that feature so I think I have to look further.

• rhome410
    12 years ago

I did a different brand of faucet on my prep than in my cleanup sink, and didn't notice the prep sink faucet didn't spray until it was installed. I've gotten used to it, but have really missed the spray option.

Have you looked at Kohler Simplice? That faucet comes in 16" and 14 1/2", both with pull downs and spray. We have the larger one on our main sink.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler Simplice