Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deedles_gw

I had a kitchen dream (going nuts?)

deedles
11 years ago

that we bought an old house for 'parts' and inside was cram jammed with vintage stuff INCLUDING a COPPER FRIDGE, stove and double bowl top mount sink. The sink was still in it's super groovy vintage window advertising display set-up which I figured was worth some $$ on it's own.

I was super excited in my dream about this.

WTheck?

Comments (16)

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

It's called obsessing, with a capital O, about your kitchen. That's what we TKO do, you know. ;)

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

LOL
    I have similar dreams about buying a house in various locations. In th e morning, when I mention the dreams to my DH and ask how he likes our new house, he just says that he didn't have the same dream!

• poohpup
    11 years ago

lol Too funny! I bet that copper fridge was fab!

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

Oh, that's great! LOL

Ask absolutely anyone who has waited tables or tending bar about this: It is extremely common, almost a global consciousnesses, that we have dreams about waiting tables. Usually naked.
    That we're "weeded" (too many tables, too many people wanting things at the same time, and you're still naked) and suddenly
    you're the only one in the restaurant.
    Can't find what you need,
    the young mother who thinks she's the only one to have progeny, EVER, won't shut her screaming baby up,
    A drunk pukes
    A drama queen finds her own hair in her soup & you know because it's also magenta,
    A Manager wants you to stock glasses or crackers
    You spill on someone
    You leave (for your next job or something) because your relief hasn't shown
    All your food needs to be delivered at once..

Catch my drift? It's so funny how different situations engender dreams around the same, common experiences -- and hopes, dreams and fears!

Get this: After over 30 years of this work, with a new job I still have these dreams in the beginning. The ironic part is that even in my dream, I now know I'm the only one that realizes I'm naked, so if I pretend I don't notice, neither do my guests. Talk about the subconscious coping!!!

• schoolhouse_gw
    11 years ago

Not a kitchen per se, but I dreamed last night I was in a castle. It wasn't an authentic castle, it was a repro for some reason but was fantastic. It was huge, with wide stone hallways, high ceilings, archways,ect. And to top it off, I was with an acquaintance's husband!

• lavender_lass
    11 years ago

Schoolhouse- LOL! A 'castle dream' with an aquaintance's husband...I don't know what that means. Maybe you needed some expert advice, picking out an archway? Or just help carrying it home.

Deedles- A copper fridge! That sounds like it would be perfect in your kitchen :)

• ginny20
    11 years ago

That sounds like a fun dream, a dream with positive emotions. I think a lot of our dreams take emotions we have and then build a construct around them of things from our conscious mind, memories or images from the present. If you dreamt that you were excited and happy to find something surprising and beautiful, that's a good thing. It was just about kitchens because that's what you're doing right now. You didn't dream that you opened the copper frig and a monster came out and grabbed your husband and you couldn't scream or move... Now that would be an anxiety dream. No, I think yours was a happy kitchen dream. Only sad when you woke up and there were no copper appliances.

I hope this dream means that you are, in fact, happy, and that you think life holds many wonderful and beautiful surprises for you. I hope it does!

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

A copper fridge?? Did it look anything like this?

Christine: I know just what you mean with the dreams about waiting tables. Oy.

• enduring
    11 years ago

OT: Angie, is this your copper reveal? Last I saw, you were "aging" your sheets of copper outdoors. That fridge looks like it turned out perfect. I would love to see more. Do you have a thread on your copper?

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

Hi, enduring,

Yes, this is the debut. I just completed it a few days ago, and I couldn't resist posting a picture of it on this thread, for obvious reasons! That picture is not the best, but I really like how it turned out.

I was debating starting a "copper appliances reveal" thread. I was (still am) concerned it will be too much of a "big reveal" since my kitchen is so small! Whaddya think?

• claybabe
    11 years ago

I totally love it. Really. I just want it, and am trying to decide how to switch out the cherry panels for the copper. I can do this. Thanks, Angie, like I didn't already have enough on my plate!!

Maybe I will dream about it tonight!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Beautiful! Can't wait to see more.
    Any more interesting dreams - sometimes dreams come true!

• mamadadapaige
    11 years ago

no copper fridges in my dreams. but i did dream the other night that the police sent me a ticket for putting in a cabinet with doors too small to be useful. that is a total wtheck!!!!

• kimiko232
    11 years ago

No dreams about copper appliances here, but would be happy to do so!

I dream (at least monthly- minimum) about missing the bus for school. I'm 35 now. Same scenario. Running out the front door in my school skirt, down the street, trying to hit the corner before the bus goes around it. When I was in the sixth grade my mom went to japan for a month. I was deathly afraid to miss the bus, because my dad would have to come back from work. I did miss the bus and that what happened. He wasn't mad, but for some reason that stuck with me.

I stopped dreaming (just few months ago) about shelving crackers. I worked for nabisco for a few years as a sales rep (almost six years ago). It was NOT my favorite job. I dream that I have to go back for money and I have to stock shelves. Makes my skin crawl.

Here's to hoping for kitchens to dream about!
    :)
    Kim

• deedles
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow is that a beautiful fridge! How unique... I love that.

The one in my dream was awesome and retro, all curvy with a top freezer. I can still see it.....it was beautiful!

Mama: you're lucky they didn't taze you.

• enduring
    11 years ago

Angie, it would be wonderful to see a "copper appliances reveal". We have to remember that size of kitchen has nothing to do with the value of reveals:) As evidenced in the responses above, we want to see. If it is now, or later with the rest of your kitchen, it will be a real treat. You've been so industrious and creative with your applications. I really like the stainless steel handles with the copper. Are you going to keep them that way?

Claybabe, are you exchanging your cherry panels?

Mamadadapaige, I think you deserve a ticket for being TOO Funny!

kimiko232, I had to really think what "Shelving Crackers" looked like, a new dream treat? Then I realized you meant shelving "Crackers". Oh well:/