Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joshing

Best bang buck sink- Kraus next best option?

marvelousmarvin
10 years ago

What's now the best bang for the buck stainless sink?

Not too long ago, it seemed Ticor and Kraus were contenders for the title of the best bang buck sink? But, Ticor seemed to the gardnweb's consensus choice.

However, since then, availability of TIcor dried up and their prices spiked up. With Ticor's higher prices, is Kraus now the best choice?

Or, did Kraus' prices spike up too where its no longer such a great value? I'm looking at Amazon, and the Kraus sink I want, Kraus KBU22 32-Inch Undermount 50/50 Double Bowl 16 gauge Kitchen Sink, Stainless Steel, will cost around $370 on Amazon.

Is that still a good price?

Kraus stainless sinks may have been great out of the box, but have there been any issues or problems with them years later?

What exactly is the quality difference between Krause and the Blanco and Franke sinks? Am I sacrificing anything for the lower price?

Comments (21)

• fsteph
    10 years ago

Love my Kraus sink, everything about it is great! I would recommend it any day. I have the single bowl 32 inch, it's HUGE!

• countryatheart
    10 years ago

Hi mm
    FWIW, I ordered the 50/50 Ruvati ss sink. It is 16 guage, very similiar to the Kraus model. From Mainfaucet $332 with free shipping. I'm about 3 weeks out of having it installed, waiting on granite measure, yeah! Out of the box it is a beautiful sink.

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

My parents have an Artisan sink (supplied by their contractor). When I researched Artisan for them (a few years ago), I only saw positive reviews. They seem happy with theirs.

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    10 years ago

bump

• plumberry
    10 years ago

I ordered a Kraus sink - based on reviews here. our local appliance company confirmed it's a good sink. i'm going to see it today (still in the box). I got the 60 40. I think it was $450 32" 16 g (from amazon)-no shipping charges

• suzanne_sl
    10 years ago

My Kraus sink has been installed for about 1-3/4 yrs. I went with a single sink. If possible, I love it more than its debut day. No issues at all.

• 1littleladybug
    10 years ago

I ordered a 36" single bowl ss farm house sink from Overstock For $609. It will be installed next week. I have had it out of the box and I am very pleased with the quality.

• dennisforman
    10 years ago

I have had the Ruvati RVH7300 model sink for almost a year now, and so far I am very happy. Very well made sink and a true 16 gauge. Quality-wise I would say it is just as good as the Kraus. I looked at the Kraus too, but the price was $100 more. Kraus used to be good value, but they have raised their prices considerably.

• annac54
    10 years ago

We got a Kraus 60/40 sink from Faucet Direct. Great sink, good price, good service.

• hunchtight
    10 years ago

We bought our Ruvati sink from Overstock.com. Great sink. Came with a lot of accessories. Everyone who sees our kitchen complements the sink.

• marvelousmarvin
    Original Author
    10 years ago

So, what happened to Ticor's and Kraus' prices? Why did they increase so much?

Was it was one of those rollouts where it was being sold at a introductory lower price?

Ticor and Kraus really don't have much of a history, and I would have never heard of them if not for this forum. At those prices for TIcor and Kraus, why not just buy from one of the established sink companies like Franke or Blanco.

• plumberry
    10 years ago

franke and blanco comparable sinks to the Kraus I ordered were almost double the price.

• Lake_Girl
    10 years ago

I love my Krauss big single SS sink w/ grid. It was around $150 on ebay. But i think it was around $200 at the time (about 1.5 yrs ago).

• crampon
    10 years ago

We're very happy with our Vigo sink that we purchased on Overstock.com. I believe this is the same model that we have.

We paid around $400 at the time; it looks like the price has come down a bit since then.

• DreamItCanBe
    10 years ago

I love my Kraus sink and faucet I purchased 2 years ago from Overstock. My sink is deep and oversized 'D' shape SS with grid and I bought the package that had the faucet as well. I was nervous because the price was so good - but the products installed easily and are both wearing well and very quality made. The thickness of the SS is especially nice.

• texastwin
    10 years ago

Does anyone have any thoughts on the 16 gauge whithaus stainless steel sink? Am thinking of buying one but don't know anything about them.
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Anne Harris
    10 years ago

I recently bought a Krauss sink for a second home. Hasn't been used much, but it seems great.

In our main home we bought Franke sinks for the main and prep sinks in our kitchen. They have been great--absolutely no issues. When I started shopping for sinks for the second house I just started looking for Franke sinks. I found a good deal on one through Amazon, but when it was delivered there were a couple of small dings. I also realized that I was buying a discontinued model (this the good price)--not a big deal, but made it very difficult to find a sink grid that matched the size of the sink and placement of the drain. So, I sent it back and went with a Krauss based on recommendations here.

I think as long as you get 16 gauge ss from a reputable manufacturer you really can't go wrong.

• PRO
    modern life interiors
    10 years ago

bump

• akcorcoran
    10 years ago

Hi!

After much research here and elsewhere, we went for Kraus sinks in our kitchen (main sink and prep sink.) I had debated Silgranite (and know everyone on this board seems to prefer them) but I felt like stainless a nod to tradition with our 1917 colonial (not a farm sink kind of house!) And, with the placement in the kitchen, it complemented the stainless appliances - kind of a visual balance if you will.

Anyway, I'm really pleased with them! The stainless (16 gauge - lower is better) was a better gauge than the Kohler equivalents (18 gauge.) It has a solid surface wrapping it under the sink for sure - it is heavy!

And I loved that the grates came with it for no extra cost. (We didn't have those before so I'm getting use to the usage of it, but it certainly helps with protecting the stainless and keeping it clean.)

A fantastic bang for the buck, I felt. I probably spent that difference somewhere else, but it certainly helped the budget. I love when I made smart decisions like that (with the help of the GW folks!)

Here's a few pics - Good luck!

P.S. The amazing folks on GW Kitchens convinced to go with the largest prep sink I could get in the cabinet (21") and I am SOOOOOO grateful. I absolutely love our prep sink. It has a disposal in it and is right across from the stovetop. Love.

Here you can see placement of sinks in the kitchen:

• jennkrouse
    10 years ago

We just bought and installed the Kraus KBU24 and we love it! We got it from build.com and got an extra 5% off. It is a 32 inch 60/40 and we paid $350. Shipping was free. It is really a great sink. One note, if you are going to have a garbage disposal be sure to order a matching stainless steel flange for it.

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer