Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peace_rose_gw

Organizing Paper in the Kitchen

peace_rose
13 years ago

Of all the things I'm excited about in my new kitchen (including finally having a dishwasher!), I can't wait to dedicate a cabinet to homework, bills, paperwork for school, etc. Currently I've no such space in my entire house and it drives me crazy; I'm thinking of it as a space where the kids can stash their homework before dinner, where my husband can hunt down his receipts that I finally got tired of looking at on the counter, where I can stash my "list" when I'm not using it. Just a temporary "out of sight" storage place. Each member of the family will have their own little horizontal file to call their very own. :)

I'm planning on organizing such files in a base cabinet that's 12" deep and 21" wide. The phone will sit on the countertop, and a calendar and bulletin board are nearby.

We deliberately chose not to build a desk because we didn't want it to overtake the space. But I know that our new kitchen/DR will be "command central" and we need a place to keep the family organized. I'm just curious to know how the rest of you organize office type stuff in the kitchen -- without letting it turn into an office! Any ideas or pictures you have would be awesome.

Comments (5)