Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Granite to go with maple toffee glaze cabinets

Posted by sweet_home (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 13, 09 at 2:16

Hi,

We are remodeling our kitchen and have selected maple cabinets with toffee glaze. We have finally narrowed down our choices to 2 kinds of colors(Giallo Veneziano/Giallo Renoir and Cafe De Amazonia). We would like to have granite full backsplashes of the same color as well. We like both the colors and are having a hard time choosing one of them. On one hand we think that the Amazonia backsplash would make the kitchen a little dark but on the other hand we feel that Giallo Veneziano might blend so well with the cabinets that it would not stand out at all. Moreover, my husband prefers a composite granite undermount sink which comes only in 2 colors(black and white), but we can go with stainless steel as well. Would really appreciate if folks in the kitchen forum community can give their suggestions and help us out. Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Granite to go with maple toffee glaze cabinets

I can't help you but am interested in seeing what people come up with since Im getting Maple Toffee glaze, too!

o

Some of the Veneziano slabs have a pinkish tinge which wouldn't work with your maple with toffee glaze. The coffee granite would look beautiful with maple.

o

Could you post pics of your cabinet colour, and of the granites? Ours are Maple stained 'Toffee', but every manufacturer's version is probably different. We went with Butterfly Blue (DH's favorite), but one of my choices was Giallo Veneziano (for colour- but it did stain with mustard)

o

crema bordorex is the name of the granite. It has burgandy, gray, a little melon, black I love it. My cabinets are toffee on maple. Good luck.

Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Thanks a lot Folks! Really appreciate your suggestions.

lgiorgi, Your kitchen looks awesome!

Since we haven't bought the granite slabs yet, I was wondering if you have any other suggestions for the toffee glaze maple cabinets. Since this is my first time here I am not sure how to attach pictures, so I am sending the link from where we ordered the toffee glaze maple cabinets.
http://www.allwoodfast.com.(Lancaster Toffee Glaze Maple).

I cannot find a URL which has the exact same color of Cafe De Amazonia slab that we saw in our local store. The stone we saw has a lot of browns and some blacks specks too. If there is a way I can attach pictures, then I can so that.

Pls do let me know if there are any other granite colors that will go well with this color cabinet. Thanks a lot!

o

My cabinets are a little darker and I also picked crema bordeaux. My granite has a lot of brown in it besides the other colors mentioned. I found with the bordeaux, the slabs do vary a lot in color. I was lucky when it was time to pick the granite, the selection was excellent. At least 17 slabs of Bordeaux to chose from. Here is close up of mine to show the colors. Pattern is never the same it seems in any spot. Has movement but not a lot in my opinion.

o

Here is a photo of one of my slabs.
I think any color will go with toffee.
Photobucket

o

We used White Galaxy and are VERY pleased with it. We also have toffee cabinets and the brown from the cabinets ties in perfectly with the light splashes of it within the White Galaxy. Everyone that steps into our kitchen always comments on the granite :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here