Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A sneak peek of my backsplash

Posted by sanjuangirl (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 12, 13 at 1:45

Here's a peek at my backsplash that's almost finished. We need to get all of the grout haze off and seal the grout. It's still a bit wet.

We're in the eleventh week of a reno that was supposed to take four. The end is in sight!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A sneak peek of my backsplash

Very pretty. The tile on the feature piece has a pearlescent look to it. I read an article about choosing backsplash and the author felt you needed to make either the counter or backsplash the star so they don't compete. Your kitchen is a perfect example of why that is true. Lovely.

o

Beautiful!!!! I truly can't wait to see more!

o

So pretty!!!

o

Thank you.

I was afraid to show my husband the Chrysanthemum piece before it was up for 2 reasons; the price and that he might object to flowers. He walked in from a business trip last night and looked and said "beautiful". It made me very very happy, since he is not typically effusive.

o

I am going to be taking a trip to Artistic tile, can you give me the deatails about both tiles, the flowers and the small mosaic. They are beautiful together. Also the color- thanks! enjoy your new kitchen!

o

Posted on your other thread, but it bears repeating: STUNNING!!

o

That is beautiful!

o

Thanks! I'm excited. Here's how it looks this morning with the grout almost dry.

o

Your flowers ARE beautiful, and not just the usual thing, Sanjuangirl. I'm so glad your husband is pleased too.

o

Wow! That's beautiful. Enjoy it.

o

Thanks Rosie, me too! ;)

o

Back to gush about the second photo you posted on this thread - I love the understated and elegant look. Stunning!

o

Thanks Marinagirl. I was hoping for elegant and understated when I choose this back Splurge! ( I lifted that phrase from someone on GW, it surely applies here.

o

That is beautiful. Love how it catches the light.

o

Wow again. I did comment on your other post but I just have to say again how stunningly beautiful your backsplash is!

o

WOW!!! I saw that one in one of the showrooms that I visited. Very pretty!

This post was edited by frugalnotstingy on Thu, Jul 18, 13 at 23:48

o

Hi Michelle 16
Sorry I missed your question earlier. The center is Crysanthemum in Calcutta marble by Artistic Tile. The rest is oyster white mother of pearl in mini brick. They are both grouted with Snow White grout.

Thanks for asking.

o

Gorgeous! And it's always an added bonus when husbands appreciate those types of choices, too ;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here