Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

More pink kitchens...

lavender_lass
11 years ago

I tried bumping up the DAT thread on pink kitchens...part 2, but no luck. So, I thought I'd start a new thead :)

While I don't plan to have a pink kitchen, myself...I do like how cheeful some of them look. It's fun to see how much pink is used and what people feel comfortable with, in their own kitchen.

I really like this kitchen! It's a great space...and if the pink became too much, it would be so easy to paint the base cabinets another color...and still have a lovely room.
{{!gwi}}From Pink kitchen

Here's another fun kitchen...with really bright, dark pink as an accent.

While this might seem like a 'safer' choice...the stools are pink. While it doesn't seem as pink, it would be more difficult to change, if you wanted to try another color, later on.

But, if you love pink and want to have some fun...one light pink appliance makes a statement, but could also be vintage, as well as pink.

And...if pink made us all this excited to walk into our kitchen...we'd probably see a lot more pink kitchens! :)

Comments (19)

• deedles
    11 years ago

Love the second one and of course, the vintage fridge!

• remodelfla
    11 years ago

Here's an original 1959 one available on craigslist down here in sunny Florida!

Here is a link that might be useful: pink kitchen for sale

• holden.sk
    11 years ago

A Colin and Justin kitchen from March 2012. Two designers who are definitely not afraid of colour - you should see their purple one.

• ginny20
    11 years ago

My old kitchen came with counters and full backsplash of pink Formica with little gold flecks. I kind of liked the pink, and I lived with it for over 20 years. This is what it looked like right before demo.

• Gigi_4321
    11 years ago

Love the first and the fourth one! Ginny, must have been a bittersweet day.
    pink and stainless are just made for each other. I need to find a way to bring some pink into my kitchen.

• mrsmortarmixer
    11 years ago

I like pink, and there is definitely pink in my kitchen, although very subtle in the bricks. While shopping for sinks and paint, I found a pink marble 12 x 12 tile at Menards. It matches the brick so perfectly, but fear got the best of me and I decided against it. I'm scared that I'll regret a pink kitchen and a backsplash is a bit more permanent than paint. The tile is still in there, and I still love it. Maybe I need to get over the fear and go pink.

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

mrsmortarmixer, if it speaks to you....

• ginny20
    11 years ago

Gigi, you're right, it was kind of sad to lose my classic pink Formica. Of course the old kitchen never looked all nice and clean like that. There were things all over the counters. It's much easier to keep neat now. My new sage green granite does have some areas with pink in it. Must be feldspar.

mrsmortarmixer - Pink shades would be lovely with your brick. If you love it, you should bring home some samples.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for all the responses :)

Remodelfla- That's great!

Holden- It is a really pink kitchen, but I like all the stainless steel...it helps to balance out the pink. Honestly, if they had white uppers, I think that would be a cute kitchen...if someone really liked pink.

Ginny- Nice that you still have some pink from the feldspar...do you have any pink accents in your new kitchen?

Mrsmortarmixes- Is your kitchen open to the rest of the house? If not...use those pink tiles! If it is, maybe pick up more of the brick color in the other rooms and just use the pink, in the kitchen? Oh, and if you're still looking for some cool lighting...is this too pink? {{!gwi}}From Pink kitchen

Deedles- I thought you might like these appliances. The white and blue really balances the pink...and what do you think of the cupcake sign? :) {{!gwi}}From Pink kitchen

• maylenew
    11 years ago

Since no one has said it yet, I will. Mary Kay would be so proud! So would my mother. She has pink everywhere (except the kitchen). My father has lived with pink for 57 years, bless his manly little heart. Of course, my husband will be doing the same thing with purple so who am I to talk?

• ginny20
    11 years ago

The only pink accents I still I have in the kitchen are a couple of pink African violets and a colored pencil drawing of pears, one of which is a dark pink color. Like Burnsie's DM, however, I feature it in several other rooms, including the oriental carpet and two chairs in the LR. As I think I have mentioned in other threads, I had pink carpet in the LR and up the stairs in the townhouse I owned in the 80's. I love pink. And, if you are of a certain age pink is a color flattering to your skin tone. I used to put pink-tinged light bulbs in lamps.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I like this pink...with lots of green and a bit of purple! This would be very pretty, in the right style of kitchen :)

• 2LittleFishies
    11 years ago

WOW! These are fun! I really love a few of them! I wouldn't have thought I would but I do! : ) I had 2 lamps with shades very similar to the one you posted directly above!

I just re-read your original post... Can you spray cabs a different color in place? I always think if we ever sell our house and the buyer hates yellow if they could change our lower cab color easily enough? I know the way our cab guy will do them is with a catalyzed lacquer and clear topcoat, so it's not like brush "painting"...

• mrsmortarmixer
    11 years ago

Lavender- my kitchen is separate from the rest of the house, so I could definitely get away with pink. My dining room is the central room in the house and is dark purple, and is the only room off the kitchen. The light may be a bit too pink. But it's pretty. I think if I was to do pink in the kitchen, I wouldn't want people to walk in and say "wow, you have a pink kitchen". My husband even likes the pink marble which was surprising. But it would also mean repainting the walls. Of course, I had already pretty much decided that I wasn't in love with the color after looking at it for 3 days.

• lavender_lass
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I actually like the green walls! It looks great with the brick and it will look good with the wood, too. If it were me, I'd pick a more yellow/green, like the lighter color in the lamp. But, if you're tired of green...you have a lot of choices :)

Do you have a picture of your dark purple dining room?

• mrsmortarmixer
    11 years ago

Here is a picture of the cabinets and brick with the pink marble as well as the closest google search walnut I could find. I do think the walnut here will read cooler with more greys and less red, but I need to test some different finishes to make sure.

And here is the dining room during painting. Couldn't decide at the time if I wanted trim and white underneath or all purple. Decided to do all purple, but it kinda gives you an idea. It's just a cropped portion of a picture. The only thing I could find.

• deedles
    11 years ago

Cupcake sign is cute! I wish I could get a cupcake for 5 cents, lol.

• badgergal
    11 years ago

I wonder if I am the only oddball here. There is not one bit of pink in my house. I don't even like to wear pink clothing. Do I need to see a therapist?

• iroll_gw
    11 years ago

Wow, I typed "pink kitchen" into Ebay and got 4,541 results. Pink canisters, pink Pyrex casseroles, pink and chrome table and chairs, pink sink strainer!