Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aliris19

Interesting knobs?

aliris19
9 years ago

Show me your interesting knobs, anyone?!

And *PLEASE* give me hints where to find some online.

I was looking at Anne At Home.com and really like those. Any other suggestions?

TIA!

Comments (25)

• romy718
    9 years ago

I feel like I was in hardwell he## for awhile. I think I looked at every knob that exists either online & in stores. I found my pulls right away, which were a fairly simple design but had one heck of a time finding a knob. I ordered some online but after 5 didn't work, that was getting too expensive. Top Knobs in Arlington Heights has a good selection & they will let you check them out for a week. Clark & Barlow on Grand Avenue in Chicago (a division of Studio 41) had a great selection. The Highland Park Studio 41 has a good selection but not as large as Clark & Barlowe. You can't check them out.
    I found taking them home & trying them on my cabinets with my pull helpful.
    What kind of metal/finish are you looking for?

• cawaps
    9 years ago

Depends on what you mean by interesting. World Market has some unusual knobs and other hardware.

• raymondtwp
    9 years ago

this is kind of weird but maybe try anthropologie.

i have lots of designer friends who use them on the "statement" doors.

Here is a link that might be useful: anthropologie knobs

• Gemcap
    9 years ago

Ooh. That is a super website Raymongtwp. The doorknockers are amazing..thanks for sharing.

• aliris19
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, everyone. These are great suggestions! Sorry for the vagueness; I just don't really even know. And I do realize that one can overdo this sort of thing. Too much "Specialness" all together just feels wacky.

I have a floating bamboo vanity I had made that needs pulls and I figured if going to all this trouble it makes sense to adorn it well. But you can't tell online about the quality and feel, and it's hard to find whimsical hardware in stores.... so I was curious about anyone's special experiences and choices.

If anyone has more fun hardware-choices they wish to share, either pictures or sites, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!!

• aliris19
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Raymond, I *love* so much of that Anthropoogie hardware: thank you! Who knew? I know them only as purveyors of some ratty thousands-dollars couches someone on here once showed. Speaking of which, in looking for handles I've come across some that are selling for 4K too ... can you imagine?

Happily, these anthropologie things are no more expensive than that middling-end stuff on websites. I love the geode pulls and knobs and the woodpecker doorknocker and the twined twigs handle and the leaf-glass knobs -- many, many great things. Thank you!

More such collections anyone?

• User
    9 years ago

I got my knobs from Anthropologie and love them! My kitchen is pretty much white, white, and more white and needed some jazzing up and these do the trick. I got the Ayaka knobs in yellow. Here's the only pic I have on hand with them--sorry, this wasn't intended as a reveal pic or a pic of the knobs so definitely does not show them off to best effect.

From 2014-07-16

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Lawless hardware has excellent prices and a large selection.

Other places are urbanoutfitters.com
    worldmarket.com

More modern: West Elm

Here is a link that might be useful: unusual kitchen hardware

• aliris19
    Original Author
    9 years ago

hvhay -- shows the kid off to great effect though! Very cute ....; so sweet! The knobs are too -- white & yellow: excellent!

• romy718
    9 years ago

Aliris19-I feel like an idiot. I got you confused with Aries61, who lives in the Chicago area.

• Laura
    9 years ago

We chose Schaub Symphony line knobs for our hutch - these are hand painted. The line has a lot of interesting styles...

Here's a close-up of ours:

Here is a link that might be useful: Schaub Symphony line

• aliris19
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Very beautiful, MadsMama!

Romy, not sure why confusing me with another relatively anonymous individual would make you an "idiot"? For all I know you might be, but this wouldn't seem evidence of it! ;)

I haven't been around for years, departing shy of a full-blown reveal I suppose. Because in fact, nothings' actually even done yet. Speaking of idiots.... :) I'm in SoCal.

• KBSpider
    9 years ago

Romy, where is Top Knobs in Arlington Heights? I'm in Palatine, and would like to go take a look...thanks!

• Zoladub Dub
    9 years ago

These Edgar berebi knobs are absolutely gorgeous in person. Like jewelry for your cabinets

http://www.edgarberebi.com/index.cfm?pg=2&pgtitle=Browse-Collections

• romy718
    9 years ago

KBspider, now I am feeling idiotic. The Knobbery (not Top Knobs) on Northwest Hwy in Arlington Heights. I live in Barrington & I think you have Danby from T&M? Me too.

• KBSpider
    9 years ago

Thanks, Romy! No, I haven't even started my remodel yet - could have done it this year, but I want to do all cash, so pushed it out a year...sigh...but you can never be too prepared, so I keep planning, lol!

• romy718
    9 years ago

KB- you are right, a year or so on the kitchen forum & you'll do it right.
    Sorry for the hijack Aliris. Have you looked on Etsy?

This post was edited by romy718 on Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 23:29

• chispa
    9 years ago

I just spent endless hours trying to find the right knob for my not-built-yet bathroom vanity. I think I found the right one at Rocky Mountain Hardware, but none of the few local dealers have the one I want so that I can see/touch it. One place will order a sample ... more waiting!

Here is a link that might be useful: Rocky Mountain Hardware

• Terri_PacNW
    9 years ago

Etsy has lots of them, vintage, handmade and even rocks..

• KBSpider
    9 years ago

Well then, Romy, since I've been here since 2011, I'll either have the most perfect kitchen ever - or I'll crack under the pressure! :)

Going to check out Rocky Mountain Hardware now - thanks for the link, Chispa...

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Anthropologie is having a sale, including several of their knobs. You have to go to the sale section online; they don't readily show up when you just search under knobs.

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

I just found my Ahh HA pulls on Etsy last night. Already ordered a sample.

Do a search for Lynn Hardware, for example.
    QuillowShop
    Simple Finds Co.
    Da Rosa Creations

If you're going to commercial, retail-ly available stores, you're not going to get anything someone else doesn't have. "Interesting" to me also means "unusual."

• aliris19
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You-all Thank You!!! I was actually literally heading out the door to visit the dreaded Anthropogie. Since seeing their wreckage of a coach selling for thousands I have decided I despise the place, but ... I do love some of those knobs. Unfortunately my aim doesn't seem to be in their sale section but it is super-helpful to know about it. Thank you all and I cannot wait to follow some of these links!!

• aliris19
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I did visit an Anthropologie store, confirming my dislike of the place and that they do, at least at the one I visited, have all the hardware present. I think the nicest were in fact the ones displayed next to hvhay's kid. Some of them are not the greatest of quality. It was helpful to see them in person.

I'm looking forward to exploring some of these other links anon.... thanks and keep em coming?

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    9 years ago

I made an amazing discovery, Hobby lobby has some very similar knobs and pulls as Anthropologie, dead ringers. Some beautiful stuff, and you can get a 40% off coupon on the website and wait for the 50% off Sale, combine all and get really amazing prices. I love Fleur-de-lis and wanted some decorative pieces, I discovered the aisle of drawer hardware including beautiful black iron Fleur-de-lis knobs. And unique face plates for outlets and switches. I know not everyone will have a Hobby Lobby near by but they do have some for sale on their website. And check for coupons and codes. Very often they put that department on the 50%off Sale.

Here is a link that might be useful: Website for knobs

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!