Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Remove Dent From Stainless Appliances

Posted by divastyle (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 6, 14 at 1:15

Has anyone successfully removed a dent from a stainless appliance? I read that there is a hair dryer/dry ice solution.

I am looking at an interesting buy on a KA bottom mount refrigerator at the local scratch and dent. The dent is underneath the handle and pretty significant. Significant from the standpoint that you can see it. However not so significant that I would be extremely bothered.

By the way, where does one find dry ice?

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Remove Dent From Stainless Appliances

Gosh. I don't want to be mixed in with the spam.....

o

All that spam has been reported.

Dry ice ... often found at supermarkets and bait shops.

There are videos and instructions all over the net. Never tried it myself, but it depends on the kind of dent.

If I had conspicuous damage like that, if anyone were rude enough to ask about it, I would shrug and say "Velociraptors ... they are so hard to house train."

o

Our WalMart carries dry ice.

o

"If I had conspicuous damage like that, if anyone were rude enough to ask about it, I would shrug and say "Velociraptors ... they are so hard to house train.""

LOL

I was thinking, "Hunger pains."

I can't imagine any of my friends and family asking. They know how I do it. Also, they know better...

:)

o

That was a good one, lazygardens.

o

If the refrigerator comes with a warranty, call KA and inquire about a replacement "skin" for the door. When our KA fridge (a built-in model) was installed, the installer pointed out what appeared to be a dent, or anomaly along the top edge of the freezer door (really only visible because of the way the light hit it). KA sent out a replacement SS skin (at no charge), but when the tech was there, he thought the ripple in the SS was actually the result of one of the screws along the top of the door, being tightened too much, resulting in that slight dip in the metal skin. After he loosened the screw, the dent/ripple disappeared, but he left the skin for us "just in case" we ever needed to replace it.

Perhaps they would send a replacement out for you as a goodwill gesture, even if no warranty is in place to cover it. Always worth inquiring! :)

o

Thanks cat_mom. I will try that. The fridge will have full warranty.

o

Maybe the people that do car dents could take it out. We just had some dents made smooth and totally gone by a guy who came to the house and worked it out. It's a miracle!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here