Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
typhoon bordeaux granite

Posted by deickhoff0 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 0:53

If you have typhoon Bordeaux granite what colors do you see? Do you see purple anywhere in it? I'm getting worried because I'm having mine fabricated now, and someone told me you can see purple/lavender in many slabs. Looking at a slab vertically can be so different than horizontally once installed. My slabs do have a wide gray area...which I'm now thinking might look lavender!

Maybe at this point it doesn't matter...kind of late now

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: typhoon bordeaux granite

I will preface by saying what my TB looks like is no guarantee it's entirely like your TB. I don't see lavender in mine. Just beautiful berry and red wine. And gray, grayish blue, gold, rust, cream, black (almost blueberry) and even some great shots of green.

My slabs looked much more gray and subdued on their sides and really "popped" went set into place.

I think you might just have a case of the jitters just like I did right before mine went under the blade!

o

It's called "Bordeaux" for the wine-colored parts ... so yes, you will probably have some purple overtones.

You can handle it ... color is relative to surrounding colors, so to push somethign from lavender-grey to more grey, just change the surrounding colors

o

Perhaps the grays are being perceived as lavender and the jet is seen as purple? I would have trouble characterizing the color of my counter but there is certainly no obvious lavender or purple dominating over other colors.

o

Be sure to share pix when it goes in. I think this is a granite that varies wildly. Can't wait to see yours, it sounds beautiful.

o

Phone lady...you make it sound beautiful. It probably is the jitters

Install is Thursday with the electrician and plumber finishing the kitchen up on Friday. I'll post pics when it's all done

o

In my opinion, TB is gorgeous. Can't wait to see yours!! Good Luck!!!!

o

It's in and I love it! I will post pics after the sink, faucet, cooktop, oven are all installed. Hopefully, I can post this weekend.

It was not fabricated as it was suppose to be with position of templates and I am not 100% sure I got the right slabs, but, I'm happy with what I received. All is good.

o

Well that's a relief. Most posts that start by saying the templates weren't followed and not sure those were even my slabs, typically don't have a happy ending. Can't wait to see your reveal.

o

Can't wait to see. I'm an ABG person, but TB is a favorite of mine.

o

Woo hoo - I, too, have TB and love, love, love it. Congrats!

Can't wait to see pics after install...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here