Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ptamom_gw

Please help make my space cohesive.

ptamom
12 years ago

Hi all,

We have recently installed our Cherry Spice cabinets. Crown and bottom moldings are not on yet. The pics with white cabs are our before (thermofoil). I'd like to change wall paint, choose countertop & backsplash, and, most importantly, make the sunken LR and kitchen feel connected. This is why we went with cherry cabinets. LR has Brazilian cherry floors. Kitchen floor is rustic oak. The woodstove divides the two rooms and only LR has vaulted ceilings (lodge style home). In the kitchen and dining areas there is currently SW softer tan with pewter glaze beadboard and crown. A bit too yellow for me. Rest of woodwork throughout house is med. pine. I am thinking Pacer white for walls? Maybe repose gray for trim, possibly distressed? Going for soft neutrals....I think....

Work your magic GW!

From Picasa

From Picasa

From Picasa

From Picasa

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (12)

• blfenton
    12 years ago

I don't have any pics.

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

Your pics didn't ended correctly. Please try again.

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

Darn iPad autofill. That should read "your pics didn't embed correctly."

• ptamom
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Argh! Wonder why I can see them....?

• ptamom
    Original Author
    12 years ago

From Picasa

From Picasa

From Picasa

From Picasa

From Picasa

Can you see these pics?

Here is a link that might be useful:

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

Why don't you let one of your two threads die so folks can focus.

• ptamom
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Can I delete one? I really just don't know what I am doing.

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

No. There is no way to delete a post on the user end. Now that you've got pics here, just don't respond on the other thread and it will sink down and off the page. This would be your active thread.

And hey...you got pics now! :)

• ptamom
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much for your guidance, Breezy! It took me hours just to figure out how to use picasa.I wanted to cry when it didn't work last night. Much appreciated!

• kaismom
    12 years ago

There are not enough pictures for me to get a feel for how your house is. Your kitchen has too many things that are not relating to each other. There are multiple color tones that are not related to each other. You need to edit and streamline to only 1 or 2 materials and colors that will act as the background. Then you can add accents on top of that. Currently, I have no idea what is the basis for your design. You need to decide what you want to emphasize. Then we/GW can help you.

• dilly_ny
    12 years ago

Your inspiration photo is two toned, wood tone and creamy off white. You have the creamy tile by your pot belly stove. Are you leaving the wall behind it open? I would carry that color tone of the tile by pot belly stove to wall color in kitchen, but you need to be careful of the tone so that you are not playing against the white in the island. I think your back splash is going to be important to tie it all together, but I don't have any ideas about that. Your couch color seems to work well with kitchen cabinetry by the way I see it on my screen. Can you stain the coffee and end tables darker? Eventually, your window treatments by couch could be changed to a color you put in the kitchen and living space to further tie it together. Good Luck!

• ptamom
    Original Author
    12 years ago

@kaismom, trying to base design on the colors in the LR. The cherry and wall color I like very much. Also the tile around the stove. The cabs are staying in the kitchen(except on island, will reface). I want to get rid of the red, white and anything gold. Thinking bone tone for walls. Hope this helps.
    @dilly ny, Yes! We are on the same page. The island is not done yet. I do not plan on it being white. I want to make it the same color as whatever I land on for the woodwork in the kitchen (maybe?), and it will have a butcher block top sililar in color to the cabs. I was also thinking about pulling a color from the tile around the stove. I am not sure how dark or light. The curtains and end tables can change. They are just from our old house "for now." Thanks for the insight. Keep it coming!