Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Show me your non-granite countertops with Oak cabinets

Posted by tyboyz (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 16, 08 at 0:34

I would love to see some pictures of people's kitchens that did not use granite/quartz/silestone countertops with their older oak cabinets. I am just about to upgrade my countertops but keep going back and forth on the colors. Upscale countertops like granite are out of my budget though so I am looking for other ideas.

I actually have cream walls and oak laminte floors so choices are wide open.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Show me your non-granite countertops with Oak cabinets

If you are trying to stick to budget and don't object to laminate--which is found in many, many kitchens--you should walk through Home depot or Lowe's...the selections now are amazing. I had ruled out laminate but if push comes to shove with our building and budget, we can still get the "look" we want. They make counters that look like stainless, butcherblock, marble, etc.....

o

Original oak cabinets from when the home was built in 1991 -- took out the original gray formica countertop and replaced with Wilsonart HD laminate (Deepstar Fossil). Also put in the tile backsplash which I felt help to give it a better look. The rangetop and fridge have since been replaced, but this gives you an idea.

kitchenafter

o

Cordovamom, I luv your HD WilsonArt Counter tops!! I'm also going w/Laminate too "Deepstar Glaze". I chose to stay w/what has gotten me through many,many years of service.So all other's can enjoy there granite, while I bask in my HD WisonArt Laminate......Reasonable & Beautiful! Razenette

o

Don't rule out any surface material until you get a price estimate on laminate. Sometimes when you choose a fancy edge or a special finish the price for laminate jumps up quite a bit. The laminate that we picked out was only $200.00 less than the Corian that we picked (Mojave) So we went with Corian.

Photobucket

o

Last year I replaced 15 year old laminate counters with new Pionite laminate in Coriander Fiber pattern - comes in many colors - can't recall what color mine is - some kind of taupe-ish brown. Here's a photo. It's kind of a small, subtle pattern - chosen because it went well with the backsplash tile I'd settled on first.

Photobucket

o

Hello,

I don't have oak cabinets, mine are maple in a medium tone. But here is my kitchen with Wilsonarte HD laminate counters. I have corian on my island. I think about later upgrading the laminate to another surface, however I've had laminate for years and I love how easy it is to care for. It always looks nice and never stains. I love the look of granite, soapstone, etc...but I love how easy my counters are to care for. Replacing my laminate counters is way down on the priority list for me, if ever.

Elaine

o

Thanks razenette -- I think you'll love the Wilsonart -- I get comments on mine all the time !! Enjoy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here