Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with kitchen island?

Posted by robinle (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 14, 13 at 0:26

The kitchen is 20X20 and will have a banquette L shaped dining area. It will also have a 3X7 island. We already have the cabinets for the kitchen. I posted the picture of the cabinets. We were thinking white cabinets for the island and banquette. I was wondering if I should go with the same door style? Should we get the painted white cabinets for the island and banquette or would a different color look better? We were also planning on a different counter top for the island then the counters. For the island we were planning on a solid color quartz. We already have granite the UbaTuba for the counters. Can you please let me know what you think about the cabinet colors and door style. Thank you in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with kitchen island?

Robinle, what about a darker finish like black or expresso for the island and banquette. That way you could use a lighter color quartz on the island but still tie in the color of the uba tuba. I would stick with the same door style, personally. Love your cabinets. They'll look great with the granite.

o

Barbarv thank you, when we first started on the kitchen I thought about having black cabinets for the island. I think I will go back to that plan.

o

I think Barbarv's idea is a great one. The uba tuba will work nicely with both cabinet colors (cherry and espresso/black), and having the same cabinet styles will tie it together. Your cabinets are beautiful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here