Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Perfect S&P...sold help me find them!!

Posted by Eyegirlie (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 22, 12 at 0:24

I saw these today on pinterest and fell in LOVE. They would be so perfect in my kitchen and my house. But, alas, they were already sold and so far I have come up empty on the web tracking any others down.

Anyone willing to help me in the search of my "dream" salt and pepper shakers?

I figured if anyone would understand about finding one seemingly small aspect for your kitchen that you just HAVE to have...it would be you guys ;-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Original listing

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Perfect S&P...sold help me find them!!

So adorable! I searched around and found many sets like that in clear and white. White is lovely, but certainly not as jazzy as the turquoise. I did find a footed jade set. Bit more fancy and less charming than yours. I saw the turquoise set pinned and repined on Pinterest so others love it also.

I think for a unique, vintage item like that, you just have to keep your eyes open and be patient. Search eBay and Etsy often, as well as any other antique/vintage sale sites. I hope you find it!

o

I've seen these in blue and white before, but the turquoise is beautiful. Do you have any local antique shops? I don't think these will be an easy find, and I searched for anything that I could think of that might bring up the same or similar. Milk glass, hobnail, Fenton, etc. I definitely would check locally, or even call around to those not so local. Many owners locally go to auctions and will keep an eye out if you have something specific you are looking for. My only other advice is keep an eye out on etsy and Ebay.

o

Not salt and pepper shakers but turquoise and hobnail. Maybe be this could be used as an accent piece in your kitchen

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Here is a link that might be useful: Candy dish

o

I found something like them in blue glass

Here is a link that might be useful: Fenton S&P

o

You could try emailing Replacements and ask if they have any suggestions on where you could locate them. My friend has used them to get matching china pieces from her grandmother's old set several times.

http://www.replacements.com/rephtcu.htm

You can email them the photo and ask about them... Good luck in the search!

o

Are these them?
http://www.etsy.com/listing/92154461/fenton-blue-opalescent-hobnail-salt-and?utm_source=googleproduct&utm_medium=syndication&utm_campaign=GPS&gclid=CJzbuLDdrbECFeSMTAodoyoAXA

Not the opaque that you want but close...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fenton-Blue-Opalescent-Hobnail-Salt-Pepper-Shakers-w-Chrome-Tops-/150858313363?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231fdb2e93

Link below not quite it - 9 hours left on ebay. Currently at $31.

I'd keep an eye on ebay and etsy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ebay - not quite right as not milk glass

o

There's an entire page of them on ebay though most are white. You can turn it up by putting "milk glass hobnail salt shaker" in the search field.

I have some antique milk glass salts and pepper sets I bought at auction. They weren't hobnail per se, though similar and still very pretty. Love the style.

o

Is this the same company? Maybe they can help you locate those wonderful shakers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fenton Art Glass

o

What a sweet, beautiful pair of salt and pepper shakers.

The site I've included below has links to different Fenton collectors groups. If you spread the word through them that you're looking for Fenton turquiose hobnail opaque milk glass salt and pepper shakers it will increase your chances of finding them. I imagine at least some of these collectors scout out garage sales, flea markets and such and would recognize the S&P set if they happened across them. Hopefully if they found them and knew of your interest, they would buy them and then sell them to you.

I found a couple of specific Blenko glass pieces that I was looking for by going this route.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: fenton art glass collectors

o

Try Jadeite too, might not be the exact color, but close depending upon the photo

Here is a link that might be useful: Fire King Jadeite on eBay

o

ebay has a bunch of cute S&P... who knew!!

o

Thanks everyone for the searches and suggestions!! Who would think these would be so hard to find when there seems to be plenty of the white!! The white are cute but I'm smitten with the turquoise now...I may decide the white will just have to do for now =)

Badgergal...great find with the candy dish!! So cute!!

Thanks again, you guys are the best!

o

Hi Eyegirlie. I know this thread is a little old and that you may have already bought some shakers. I saw this jadeite set on eBay this morning and thought of you. Not hobnail, but still might be worth checking. I think you could find replacement caps.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jadeite shakers with arch pattern

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here