Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ledmond

Seeking examples of large format tile backsplash

LE
10 years ago

I've only seen one example in person and not many in photos. Has anyone here done this or considered it? (Or collected images)?

I was just thinking of 12 x 24 format, porcelain in a more or less solid, maybe with a slight texture. Not sure whether to orient horizontally or vertically. The house is relatively contemporary at least with regards to materials, so I think I need something really simple, plus the floor plan is pretty open and I don't want anything too busy. I'm having trouble finding examples, though-- I know this group can come up with some!

The cabinets will likely be Douglas fir in a slab design with either tab pulls or something minimal like the Princetonian. Floors will be concrete with integral color (a soft brown added to warm it up). Windows are black inside and out. Countertops likely to be quartz in a darker color similar to the floor.

The house is still just being framed, so not exactly a time critical decision. I guess I am thinking about finishes just because it is more fun than answering the other questions that come up at this stage!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler