Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrsandrews_gw

Show me pics of your cabinet hardware placement please :-)

mrsandrews
15 years ago

Hi- Im getting ready to order hardware. There seems to be a definite science to the exact placement of knobs and pulls on the cabinetry. I'd love to see lots of different ways of doing it. I've read the threads about two vs. one pulls on wide drawers, etc. , but I'm a "visual learner" ha ha and would love to see them all. Thanks!

Comments (10)

• Buehl
    15 years ago

We have 2 pulls on drawers >= 30" wide. So, our 18", 24" & 27" drawers have one pull/drawer while our 30", 31", 33", & 36" drawers all have 2 pulls/drawer. So far I not only like the look, but they "function" just fine. I can open drawers with one or tow hands...the drawers seem to open smoothly either way.

These drawers are 30" wide (warming drawer goes in the middle):

This one is 24" wide:

A more recent view:

The drawers next to the right of the DW are 27" wide.

• Laurie
    15 years ago

I used 1 1/4 inch diameter knobs on the doors and 4 inch center to center pulls on the drawers. Because the pantry door is taller, I decided to use pulls and mount them vertically. I used knobs on the top part of the pantry opening. Here are some pics of my hardware.

{{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• User
    15 years ago

I used the same parameters as Buehl to determine one or two pulls per drawer.
    {{!gwi}}

• redroze
    15 years ago

I don't know how the heck or what formula our cabinetmaker used to put on our knobs and pulls, but they look good. When deciding whether to put knobs, pulls, and how many, we went to our designer for her expertise!

Here's the end result:

• ma-bookreader
    15 years ago

Thanks for asking this question and thanks to everyone who posted photos. Are cabinet installaion began today and I had to start making decisions about knob placement.

• mrsandrews
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the wonderful ideas and pictures. They are super helpful. Your cabinets all look so nice!

I think I'm going to do the >=30" rule too. Then I only have double handles on a few drawers.

buel, I love your light fixtures too

ma-bookreader- congrats on getting your cabinets...post pics!!

• mrsandrews
    Original Author
    15 years ago

So is installing the knobs typically included in cabinet installation?

It's so much fun seeing everyone's beautiful cabinets.

• Laurie
    15 years ago

Installing hardware was included in the cost. Our hardware was still on order when the cabinets were being installed. We ended up doing it ourselves.

• paul_ma
    15 years ago

Here is a picture of my bar pulls in place.

You might notice - the handle on the spice pullout is a screw up. I told the guys to line it up with the adjacent top drawer. I think they made it the same vertical spacing below the rail, but that rail is a different width. But I didn't think it was worth bothering to fix.

• mrsandrews
    Original Author
    15 years ago

paul- those look nice! you dont have to worry about deciding between one or two with those nice long pulls! I never would have noticed the spice pull out if you hadn't mentioned it.