Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garbage disposal

Posted by Barbarav (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 0:20

I've been looking at single bowl sinks- stainless under mount and also farmhouse style. Can you put a garbage disposal in any sink? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garbage disposal

Any of those that I am familiar with anywho.

o

As far as I know....and if you have an offset drain it allows for more space under the sink for storage, instead of having the disposal right in the middle.

o

Shouldn't be a problem but you may have to have the drain pipe going into the wall lowered which will add some extra expense. Have a licensed plumber do the work.

o

Quadesl, So if I'm actually moving the sink and dishwasher down the wall should I know which sink and gd I'll be using before the plumber does his rough ins? Right now I am just working on where the sink and dw will be positioned. Thanks for your responses everyone.

o

It would help as specifications vary among various sinks and garbage disposals, unless your plumber knows a height for the drain pipe that works for all possibilities.

The drain line into the wall cannot be higher than the waste line from the disposal. Otherwise you would have standing water in your disposal. More vertical separation is better.

This post was edited by Quadesl on Sun, Jul 27, 14 at 8:06

o

Thanks for your help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here