Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie introduction

Posted by scullery (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 15, 13 at 23:27

Hello!

I've been a quiet lurker for some time, but I wanted to introduce myself before posting any questions or responses to the kitchen forum. There have been so many great threads here -- thank you so much to everyone who has contributed! I've learned a lot and taken copious notes.

We currently are working with an architect to finalize an addition to a house we moved into last year. We have a floor plan we're pretty happy with, but DH works in a business that ebbs and flows seasonally (as do, alas, our available funds). I'm not sure how soon we'll be able to move forward with getting bids. The good news is that the entire new kitchen will be in the addition, so I can camp out in the old kitchen indefinitely while researching the appropriate cabinet line or hunting down the perfect quartzite slab. (At least I'm trying to see this as good -- maybe not so much 18 months from now.)

Not much to say yet, but I'm sure that will change soon, as I'm well on my way to TKO. Just thought I should start by saying hi.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie introduction

Hello and welcome! I am mostly a lurker here, but chime in now and then and have asked for advice a couple of times. We are in the middle of our kitchen reno now, and GW has been a wonderful source of information, inspiration and support. Keep us posted on your progress!

o

Welcome to GW, Scullery. By the time you are ready for your kitchen you will have a lot of wonderful ideas. Have fun!

o

Welcome aboard. I didn't find the group until design was done and signed but GW saved the day during reno!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here