Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is buehl's thread awol?

Posted by leela4 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 23:19

I was looking for a specific reference - that is, how to write in italics - and I thought I had bookmarked it but couldn't find it. So I thought I would look on buehl's wonderfully information packed thread and I can't find that! (and I would like to write ''that'' in boldface) Anyway, either I'm losing my mind (possible) or it's lost in GW cyberspace.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is buehl's thread awol?

if you want to write in italics you have to use some basic HTML tags

So, you use <.i> to open what you want to start in italics and <./i> to close it.

Please note I have put a period in the tags above so that the tags will show. Remove them and you can put what you want in italics.

This works for bold. Too, just use b rather than i.

o

either I'm losing my mind (possible) or it's lost in GW cyberspace

Leela4, I don't know about yours, but the fact that GW cyberspace hides posts doesn't mean I'm not losing my mind. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

ThePaintedLady, Thank you for the fun I'll be having with this today!

o

It works the same way for underscores and strikethroughs, too.

Just use a "u" for underscores and an "s", respectively.

It also works for point size and colors, and probably font style as well, but that's too much for my old brain to keep in active memory.

You can Google html code and get a whole pile of tricky thigs to do.

Don't where the READ ME thread is, but it can't be far down the stack.

L.

o

Thank you all!

o

I can't find it, either, and when I tried to google it, it came up in the search (from March 2013) but google couldn't show it. Weird.

o

Here's a link to an older copy of it

Here is a link that might be useful: Older version of Buehl's NEW TO KITCHENS/ READ ME FIRST thread from 2011

o

I recall reading on another recent thread, that buehl was going to revamp the READ ME thread, and repost after it was complete.

This is another fun option! <.blink>

o

The most recent Read Me thread still available is from February - but it's up-to-date. I've linked it below. There was a May thread, but it's no longer available, so that's why I'm linking the February one.

In addition, most of the topics are also in the FAQs, but not all are quite there.

I think I'll start a "final" one tonight for the transition to the FAQs. I'll contact Tamara about changing the Sticky.

Here is a link that might be useful: New To Kitchens? Posting Pics? Read Me!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here