Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Reasonably priced chimney 48"x25" deep/1200CFM wall hood?

Posted by n123 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 23:01

Do they exist? The most reasonably priced one I can find is made by KitchenAid: KXW9748YSS

The KA can be had for around 2k with an internal 1200CFM blower. Any opinions on KA hoods?

The complication seems to be the hood depth - there are a few that are under 24" depth that are reasonably priced but anything 24"+ is very very pricey.

There are tons of eBay that appear to be reasonably priced but I'm not sure how much of a gamble those are. Example no-name ebay hood

I really can't believe how much the hoods are.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Reasonably priced chimney 48"x25" deep/1200CFM wall hood?

Check out Kobe hoods. I purchased my 48" 1100 cfm hood (Kobe RA0248SQB-1 ) a few years ago for around $1700 from www.thenaturalhome.com. I just checked and they are offering it now for $1600 with free shipping.

It is a really pretty chimney style, with baffle filters, and it's very quiet. Kobe hoods have a great reputation.

Good luck

o

I was going to suggest Kobe also. I was all set to order one after months and months of hood research until I scored a clearance Rangecraft unit. Kobe has a good reputation here on GW (checkout the Appliance Forum) for good quality, high cfms, and reasonable pricing. IIRC, they don't make hoods deeper than 24". And yes, deeper than that gets into $$$.

o

I'd also recommend Proline hoods. I didn't look to see if they have what you need specifically, but they are a high-quality hood company, with a great reputation and a QUIET blower.
Ours is still not installed, but I know someone else with one and she loves it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Proline range hoods

o

home4all6, I found Proline hoods but it seemed like they were a little unknown (eBay frontend?) but maybe my research was sub-par. Correct me if I'm wrong, but these appear to be the same exact hoods:
ProLine
eBay

I am partially tempted to just buy the eBay one and cross my fingers due to the huge savings. Which hood from ProLine did you end up with?

Thanks!

o

What about Summit brand? Sales person from AJ Madison is recommending the Summit over the same price models from Broan or Zephyr. Maybe because the actually intake area is bigger on the Summit???

Summit
Link

Broan
Link

Zephyr
http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/BVEE36AS.html

If you think I can get a much better unit for just $200 I can definetely go for it. But want to stay under $800.

There is this other one by Zephyr:
Link

Kobes seem to be good, but are all over $1000.

Thanks so much

o

Ok the links above don't seem to work Here they are again:

Summit:
Link

Broan:
Link

Zephyr:
Link

Others more expensive:

Link

Link

Thanks so much

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here